“Quiet & Intimate with Great Food”
Review of O Bar & Restaurant

O Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with
O Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,058 of 4,313 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The O Bar & Restaurant is a fresh change to the Brisbane scene bringing back some old school customer service that is often amiss in other venues around the city. This coupled with an ever evolving food and drink menu provides a little sanctuary in Spring Hill right next to the CBD.Our lunch menu changes daily so it is a virtual specials board and ensures our produce is continuously fresh delivered daily.We are open for breakfast 7 days a week, lunch and dinner Monday to Saturday.
Brisbane, Australia
“Quiet & Intimate with Great Food”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I was looking for a restaurant in Brisbane which offered more than steak and chicken parmigiana but, equally, I didn't want overpriced, over fussed food. I stumbled across the O-Bar's menu on the internet and decided to give it a go for a special family dinner.

We weren't disappointed. The restaurant is small, intimate and quiet with interesting decor and a warm, but sophisticated atmosphere. Service was friendly and efficient.

Conveniently, there's a car park directly opposite and the lift brings you up just across the street from the O-Bar.

The menu is relatively small but well planned. I had Moreton Bay Bugs on hand-made pasta and it was superb. My mother and cousin also enjoyed their meals (chicken and pork) enormously.

But it was the desserts that really blew us away. I had the chocolate fondant ( Chocolate Bleeding Heart Pudding on the menu) which was perfectly cooked and served with a nut brown butter and sea salt ice cream. The salted ice cream was but strangely good. My cousin had Sticky Date Pudding and my mother had an Apple and Raspberry Crumble.

My only quibble - and it is incredibly small - is that the sourdough bread with truffle butter we ordered as a starter was barely acceptable. The sourdough wasn't great and didn't taste authentic and there was barely a hint of truffle in the butter.

Two courses each, plus bread and a couple of rounds of drinks came to just under $180 for three - not bad for a special night out with the family.

I'd definitely recommend the O-Bar and hope to dine there again soon.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank ChrysStevenson

Hervey Bay
“Shocking service”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Was very disappointed when we ate here today. On previous visits have had great food and service. Sent my meal back as it was undercooked for my liking. Was told that is how it comes. Went on to order more drinks- these were slammed down on the bar and left for me to collect- despite table service.

2 Thank curlygirl25
Belfast, United Kingdom
“The MOST amazing breakfast in OZ”
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We stayed in The Portal Hotel, next door and went to O Bar for breakfast the next morning. It was a lovely day so we sat outside. To say it was probably the most delicious breakfast I have ever eaten is an understatement.
I had the mushroom on sour dough bread with 2 poached eggs and hollandaise sauce.- it was just exqusite, I could go back for that every morning. My husband had the most amazing and huge Potato and Feta hash browns, with a poached egg and parmesean crisp and a wonderful tomato sauce and he thought they were just fabulous. Not only did the food taste wonderful but the presentation was second to non. It was a wonderful breakfast experience and definately left us wanting to go back again.
Well done O Bar...great job.

• Visited April 2011