“Should come and dine here”

Sultans Turkish Family Restaurant
Ranked #420 of 4,687 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Such a shame we only live 3k away and it's our first time here. Oh well, it wasnt too late. We havent really tried Turkish restaurant before, although have tried many times of their pizzas and bread. So far, the food that me and my husband ordered were really great and for me, it wasnt expensive with their HUGE HUGE serving. Will visit next time and try another different one. Recommended.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Sultans Restaurant is an excellent restaurant that offerred great food and entertainment for my occasion. It has a wonderful ambience with intricate decors inside, really beautiful! I recently booked a table for nearly 50 people and every guests were raving on about the the food. Everyone was happy. Ofcourse it took a little for food to arrive, spacing it from entree to dessert, but the night was fully booked, nevertheless, the team still managed to serve everyone! Was well worth the wait! Would definitely come back!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

took my 14 yrs old daughter (mother daughter date) one evening in this restaurant, it was such an amazing experience .. the food so delicious and so plenty. all the staff including the owner such a pleasant people. cant wait to go back again. Turkish food is the best. .. i highly recommend to anyone.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Took my mother, wife, six year old and ten year old boys there on a Sunday night. Sultans offers a takeaway counter as well as a restaurant, so you walk through a quite pleasant lounge area to the restaurant proper.
We had no reservations, but were promptly seated. The decor is very nice, signed Turkish football team shirts seem a bit incongruous but they don't detract too much. There is Turkish music piped through, quite pleasant and certainly not too loud.
We were left enough time to ponder the menu, but not too long as to be annoying. We started with some breads, and some drinks. When they brought out the breads it was clear that the portions were going to be enormous, The special Turkish bread was enormous, fresh and tasty. A cheesy garlic bread wasn't of the same enormous proportions, but was delicious.
The mains came promptly, and were enormous. I ordered the grilled chicken. Served with rice, salad and mashed potato, on a bed of Turkish bread. The salad was nice, fresh and not drowned in dressing. The chicken was char grilled, enormous, tender and tasty.The mash and rice complimented it well.
My wife ordered the mixed grill and pronounced it delectable. My mother had opted for the lamb shish kebab, and to my surprise patiently worked her way through the entire portion. Too tasty to not finish she confessed. She pronounced the lamb to be tender yet flavoursome, and the course quite agreeable.
Shisha is available, and I retired to the outside rotunda for a round on the hookah. Quite a tasty grape flavoured smoke, and the rotunda features cushions and is well lit and decorated. Not quite the equivalent of a Shisha bar, but smoking laws being what they are, as good as can be expected.
There's a bar with couches and seating, and after shisha enjoyed some throat refreshment before departing.
The portion sizes, reasonable pricing, quality food and ambience are a winner for me. The service was not quite outstanding but only a notch down. The children were treated very well, and we were politely asked two or three times if everything was to our satisfaction. Which it was.
Brisbane has only a small Arab community, but they are well served by Sultans. The number of burqas and conversations conducted in Turkish and Arabic spoke to the quality and authenticity of the food. Go where the expats go, go to Sultans.
Outstanding all up, and I look forward to a return very soon.

1  Thank deucelow
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Best Turkish I've had in brisbane
Beautiful interiors, friendly service and definitely value for money.
Will definitely dine here again !