“Lovely venue, great atmosphere, food mixed & pricey”

MADO Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 4,687 Restaurants in Brisbane
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My partner and I really enjoyed our recent dinner here: just off the beaten path in Southbank, with friendly staff and a great atmosphere. The mains we found pricey for what they were - the rice was delicious (!) but although my Andalusian chicken stew was great comfort food it was more blandly spiced than I expected. Maybe that's what Southbank patrons like! My partner's prawn mado special was a bit glutinous and the prawns were overcooked. I would try the resto again because it's a great place to spend some time, and maybe they were having an off day. :)

2  Thank wrlouis

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I am a returning customer for a number of reasons.
Food is nicely marinated and cooked. It is never the case of overdone on the meat. My favourites would be the Musakka and the mix grill platter. CANT GET ENOUGH OF THE KOFTE! The portion is huge! Though i have to say more bread would be so much more satisfying to go with the mouth watering dips.
Plenty of beverages to choose from and they especially have a few imported juice from Turkey. Just to get that extra feel of Turkey, order the Turkish tea and also the apple tea! Not bad at all.
Service is excellent! Attentive waitresses at my service but somehow this changed a wee bit when i went on weekends. Too many customers around to attend besides me =/ Gosh! DONT HOPE TO GET A NICE TABLE IF YOU DONT MAKE A SOLID RESERVATIONS ON WEEKENDS. And yes, the belly dancer accompanying my food makes my dinner all the more interesting in the Ottoman ambience.

6  Thank Hvey C
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is One of the few places that offers shisha in brizi, this restaurant gives its guests the beautiful flavour of turkey, with keeping a laid back southbank casual feel. The restaurant offers halal food in a stylish setting letting you escape for your meal to somewhere exotic, without being over priced, with fresh authentic cuisine and young vibrant service. Try it, you will definitely leave satisfied!

2  Thank LiveLifeLearn
Reviewed July 26, 2012

stepping into the restaurant made me feels like i'm in turkey. the food is very nice and i can guarantee that you'll not return home in hungry. staffs are very friendly and warm. thumbs up for all Mado's crews. a must-visit turkish restaurant in brisbane.

2  Thank IZzati
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I haven't eaten Turkish food since visiting Turkey in 1988. Today I was in a party of 4 (including 1 from just arrived from Houston and 1 from London) and we dined at Mado for lunch. To save making decisions we elected to have the banquet for 4. I must say we were all very impressed with the quality and quantity of food and the service. The banquet was good value, tasty and plentiful. Thank you Mado.

3  Thank foxylynne