“Very noisy but food was good”
Review of Bamboo Basket

Bamboo Basket
Ranked #1,318 of 4,731 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A lovely little Asian restaurant, beautiful decor, and specilising in dumplings. Delicious and well priced.
Reviewed May 16, 2014

The food at Bamboo Basket Southbank is the reason I have rated it as highly as I have. Everyone enjoyed each of the wide variety of dishes we ordered, with the duck with noodles being the stand out. One small quibble with the food was the rice - both steamed and fried were overcooked and lacked that fluffiness that most good Chinese restaurants are able to achieve.

On the negative side, we found the restaurant to be very noisy even though it was not full on the day. This detracted from the enjoyment of the occasion as people found it difficult to converse around the large rectangular table we had been allocated.

However, overall, if you like noodle-based Chinese food, the Bamboo Basket delivers pretty well.

1  Thank Georgie0497

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Everything about this place from the food to the gorgeous interior is a great experience. Like a mini theatre you can watch the chefs making the dumplings from the street and then wander in to sample the delicious result.

1  Thank Glenys51_12
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We wandered in to the Bamboo Basket and enjoyed a lovely selection of dumplings. All very tasty and not expensive either. The service was fast, friendly and professional. Looking forward to another visit next time I am in Brisbane.

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Bamboo Basket a few times, and it was always good, however this time I was not impressed. Service was terrible, manager full of excuses, pork belly was sub standard, prawn shell in dumplings. Shame because in the past it's been great but lunch cost $90 so we won't return.

1  Thank ricki19
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Took a takeaway food from this place while staying at a friend's place not too far.

Great taste in this food, with adequate portions and friendly service when you pop in the shop.

I would definitely come back should I stay in Brisbane again, and would definitely recommend it to my fellow visitors.