“Not bad”

Bamboo Basket
Ranked #1,137 of 4,313 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: A lovely little Asian restaurant, beautiful decor, and specilising in dumplings. Delicious and well priced.
“Not bad”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Not a bad restaurant, although there's better restaurants elsewhere on the same street. The dumplings are pretty good but the fried rice is below par.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“High quality dumplings and duck”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The steamed pork dumplings, the crispy skin duck and Calamari were Fantastic. I've now been back twice this month as this is a much better Chinese Restaurant than others I have tried in Brisbane.

• Visited December 2013
“Amazing Chinese food”
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I took the family here on the recommendation of a friend who had travelled to Shanghai and told is that it's the closest to genuine you will get in Brisbane. The steamed pork dumplings (specialty) were fantastic and the main dishes we ordered were good as well. I had braised pork belly which was succulent and tasty. The braised duck was equally good and the Mongolian lamb was so much better than the usual suburban Chinese version. The standout main was a chicken and tofu dish that blew is all away.
All up I fed 5 grown people plus a few Tsing Taos and a bottle of bubbly for about $40 a head. Very happy with the whole deal. I will definitely be returning to try something new from the extensive menu.

Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“The best sweet and sour sauce”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

All I can say about the food is .. wow! This restaurant has the best sweet and sour fish that I have ever tasted in my life. I loved it. We had dim sims for entrees, which I was reluctant to order as I wasn't sure how fresh it would be considering that it was dinner time and we weren't in a yum cha restaurant. It was yummy. The perfectly-cooked meal is something that I'd expect to be served in a 5-star hotel. The decor is beautiful although the space between the tables were a little narrow. The service was reasonably efficient but rather tense. The only smile I got was from the host when we walked in and that was it. No more. If they improved their service, I'd say that this was the best Chinese restaurant in Brisbane.

• Visited December 2013
“Terrific pre-movie dinner”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Southbank was busy and we were in a bit of a hurry, on our way to a movie. Thought that Chinese food would be quick so called in here.

Had dumplings, handmade noodles with duck, fried beans with pork and a tofu dish. The handmade noodles with duck were outstanding. The dumplings and beans were quite good. The braised tofu was a bit plain (no, that's not about the tofu, but the way it was served).

Service was excellent, efficient, polite and knowledgable. We will be going back soon to try more of the dumplings, but probably for lunch as I reckon we'll eat more than we should...

• Visited November 2013