“Nothing special”

Bamboo Basket
Ranked #1,122 of 4,632 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A lovely little Asian restaurant, beautiful decor, and specilising in dumplings. Delicious and well priced.
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The food wasn't the best for the prices. The service was great and very prompt but lacked flavour. The atmosphere and decorations are beautiful and it's in a great location. I wouldn't go back for round two...

There are newer reviews for Bamboo Basket

Reviewed November 6, 2012

In Chinese mythology there are 18 levels to hell, Bunnings, Sydney International Airport, Any flight out of LA to Australia, coffee in regional Pennsylvania, and IKEA are examples some of those levels to hell. Accordingly I believe there are levels of happiness. This restaurant will be in your first five levels of happiness, for me it is right after affection from husband, smile from niece, cuddles with my kittens.

The only reason why this got very good and not excellent is they have in some parts of the restaurant those dogey bench seats which hurt my back and their 2 person table does not fit enough dishes on it.

Order the soup dumplings. Oh my, this dish is amazing. You will spend days wondering how they get the soup inside and then google and wish you had not as the mystery is spoilt.

Peking duck - yummy in da tummy. you can do 2 al carte dishes or just go the yum cha menu and order smaller versions of the pancakes or the mixed vegetable with pine nuts and duck.

Sticky rice chicken dumplings ..............amazing!!!!

flat rice noodle .... more please.

Dan tarts ... smaller than normal but bliss

the list continues............

My Husband and I resolved that we would order something new everytime we go now. It is all so good!!!

1  Thank AllisonjaneBrisbane
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I had read a number of reviewss of this restaurant and when I saw the chefs in the kitchen window preparing fresh dumplings I had high expectations. Food was only average however but service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

On the out side the place looks great with chefs in the window making noodles and dumplings, we thought wow this is going to be good, how disappointed we were.

We arrived at 7.10 no booking but they shows us a table straight away, we order a bottle of wine and water for the kids took half an hour to arrive, we then order our meals which were very expensive for chinese, these also took a while to arrive by this stage my 7 year was nearly asleep, the only good dish we had was the duck noodles everything else was average, especially the house special prawns which came in a thick batter and covered in mayo !! I could get the taste out of my mouth for days. I would not recommend this restaurant to others the bill came to $135 for 1 entree, 3 mains and a bottle of wine !! Go elsewhere

1  Thank GoldCoastGillos
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic idea to have all day 'Yum Cha' ... I went there with a few friends... I was really happy that we were able to pick food from the yum cha & main menu ... talk about being in heaven. Everyone at the table was happy to be trying new things and having a bit of this and that so to speak!

The staff are very efficient and friendly : )
Food tastes delicious... would recommend this restaraunt to friends and family!