I stayed here for a week as we had to move out of our house before relocating to another country. The facilities in the room are modern; tv, couch, aircon, and the kitchen was well stocked. The location is also good. However, the staff in the office have a serious attitude problem if you have any issues!
The internet access is limited to 200MB per day, if you can get access to it. More often than not we were unable to connect with either our laptops or phones. The second bedroom has no window, unless an opaque panel to the corridor counts. The recreation room is more like a storage room for the cleaners and the pool area is quite small. Other issues include:
- only one lift was working when we were there
- the fire doors to the emergency stairs on our side of the building were always propped open
- the rubbish chute on our side of the building was not in use, so we had to go downstairs a level and cross to the other side
- the balcony door was very hard to open (I have a bad back and couldn't open it!)
- the dryer was broken and never got fixed even though we reported it twice
- there were ants in the kitchen when we turned up
Finally, the smoke detectors are incredibly sensitive. We even managed to set ours off by cooking some spaghetti in a boiling pot of water! Based on the 4am full on building fire alarm, leave the building experience as somebody burnt some toast, I'd say that they are sensitive building wide.
In summary, generally a nice place ruined by staff attitude and lack of attention to detail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn on the Park offers modern, self contained Toowong Accommodation close to the heart of Brisbane. Situated just 3km from the CBD, our comfortable and contemporary one and two bedroom Toowong apartments feature full kitchens, laundry facilities, Foxtel TV, Free Unlimited WiFi internet access and spacious balconies with fantastic views. We also have a selection of two bedroom apartments with studies for business guests. Unwind after a busy day in the city with an invigorating workout in our onsite gym, cool off in the pool or retreat to your private balcony for a quiet drink overlooking the city. Whether you're staying for business or leisure, our friendly reception team are always ready to answer your questions and help you get the most out of your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inn on the Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.