“Really tasty Sushi - great for takeaway”

Hanabishi Japanese Sushi Bar
Ranked #2,766 of 4,635 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our last couple of visits to Hanabishi have been for takeaway. You can chose what you want from the sushi train or order from the menu. Either way the sushi is fresh, tasty and reaonably priced. It looks really healthy too. The staff are friendly and helpful. The location is good if you are heading for Suncorp or Caxton Street of planning to see a movie at the nearby Palace Cinema. It is definitely worth a visit if you are in the area.

There are newer reviews for Hanabishi Japanese Sushi Bar

Reviewed April 13, 2013

As my husband works in the Barracks complex, a lunch here is an easy distraction during the school holidays! We didn't have to wait very long to secure a spot at the "train" and our five year old delighted in choosing lots of things that he didn't necessarily want to eat, (good for mummy!) All the food was fresh and tasty, and the service for extra items was quick and friendly. And the prices were much better than one we saw in the Indooroopilly shopping centre recently - and the locations is MUCH nicer.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Their Sushi rolls were good. But stay away from their Sashimi as for the first time, I saw the pieces being cut like a very thick slab and it gives more of a fishy taste rather than the true taste of the fish itself. All other places I’ve been to had their sashimi cut thin and it tasted the best.
Their lunch menus are also affordable and quite tasty. The variety in the train was decent and rolling.
The plum wine is not to be missed! The Sake was decent and the service was good. We had a nice time…

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Ive eaten my way through a large portion of sushi bars in Brisbane and Hanabishi is the best Ive ever had. Had a large selection and its fairly priced. You can order meals (i never have) or just eat from the train. You can also request foods if you cant see them on the train. Free water and tea. Offers a selection of traditional dishes aswell as the more westernized ones. I eat here regularly and ive never been dissapointed

2  Thank JakeIsaac
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I live close to Hanabishi and visit regularly for my fix of yummy japanese treats.

I'm not a sashimi fan so cannot comment on that aspect, however there are many options available for those who don't eat sashimi.

What I love about Hanabishi is that the food is always very fresh, and you are very welcome to order from the menu if you don't see what you want on the train. I always order an Okonomiyaki, and a serve of Gyoza, and these 2 are what I keep coming back for, and what I find myself craving often!

The cleanliness is fantastic and staff are always wearing gloves while making the food, which is important to me when eating sushi.

The staff are always super friendly and just lovely, and service is always very prompt, and unlike another reviewer, I've found that the drinks service is very fast.

I can highly recommend Hanabishi, and I will continue to visit them often and indulge!