“A refreshing experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

An unexpected surprise, a welcoming host, extensive menu, (not the normal boring 5 mains Brisbane restaurants have) lovely food, attentive service from a very pleasant Italian lady that also offered some great travel trips for our pending trip to Italy. The restaurant had 160 for a Xmas party also. We weren't aware of this prior however this did not detract from a lovely evening. The cost did match the experience which does not always happen.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Gusto is one of those restaurants that you are likely to return to as we have done so many times. There is a wide menu variety (Italian and steaks) and wine list. The waiters with their Italian accent add a nice charm to the service and they are all friendly and attentive. My only criticisms are the wines need to be chilled a bit more given the Brisbane summer and salad needs to be crisp.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Food was poor , would have to say, ate the worst pizza in my life - another main ordered was rissotto and again terrible . Excepted a much higher standard considering the prices $$$$$. We did not finish our meals and no one asked how was our meals or why we have left nearly complete meals , esp the rissotti which was like mash swimming in oil . Very disappointed !

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I attended Gusto's with a group as part of a business/Xmas dinner. Firstly, the restaurant was extremely busy being a Saturday night, but the wait staff made you feel as though you were the only people there, very attentive but never intrusive, there are an asset to this establishment. We always had fresh water on the tables and drinks orders were taken and delivered promptly. We were a group of twelve and all our orders came out together, nothing worse than one or two poor people waiting for meals while the rest had theirs. Now, the food, I had the stuffed zucchini flowers as an entree, stuffed with goats curd, they had a thin tempura batter coating and were quite delicious and cooked exactly how they should have been. I had the chicken breast dish as a main. It was cooked to perfection and came with a base of parma ham(?) and some type of cheese melted on top, on a bed a slightly 'gluey' mashed potato and a sauce with poppy seeds. For me this dish was quite heavy and the cheese was cold and stringy by the time I was getting toward the end of the meal but that is nobodies fault, that's just what happens, i would have preferred this dish with something green, such as beans or zucchini as we were on a set menu with no option to order vegetable sides. Desert for me was the semifreddo, chocolate with hazelnuts. It was faultless, not too rich but soft and creamy, a perfect end to a lovely meal. I would highly recommend Gusto da Gianni for a night out, a stroll along the Brisbane river afterwards wraps up a lovely evening.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is one of my favourite restaurants in Brisbane. Good location creates atmosphere & the food is always great. There is an extensive wine list as well, and you will walk away feeling great.