“Wow - okay it is good italian”
Review of Tartufo

Tartufo
Ranked #5 of 4,313 Restaurants in Brisbane
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane
“Wow - okay it is good italian”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Look this is really good Italian. Like the food you get in Italy. An Italian Australian friend recommended it to my Husband. And we have a rule that when we go out we don't eat what we cook well at home. And generally we have the Italian stuff down pat.

This is excellent.

It isn't cheap food though.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank AllisonjaneBrisbane

Brisbane, Australia
“Italian Fare at it's best.. And service to match. Excellent”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We arrived 10 minutes late on a Sunday night, to still be made feel special by the maitre d, was brilliant..Mind you we did drive an hour to get there, so that was our first tick to not be scolded for being late. The Service was impeccable and respectful( which can be difficult to achieve, but they did it) The menu was superbly italian, and we decided to go "the distance" and have olives and breads, then appetisers, then entree, then main and of course dessert.. and coffee to end.. Every persons meal was brilliant, full of flavour and well worth it. I had my first ever Carpaaccio(divine) and my main of Cotoletta alla Valdastana (Veal filled with Fontina Cheese) was absolutley beautiful. The main meals are large and mostly meat, looking back I should have ordered a salad as a side to go with the meal..You know I researched venues for this dinner get together of friends and not knowing I was going to be dining and eating in such style. This truly is a gem that I'm glad I have now found..Bellissimo!!

• Visited July 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing evening at Tartufo”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I just wanted to thank the wait staff and Tony the owner and head chef for an amazing evening a few weeks ago. I dined with 5 friends and we all ordered from the Al a carte menu. The timings between each of our courses was excellent and the staff were attentive even though it appeared to be quite a busy night. I will definitely be back.

Sunshine coast
“Fantasic (for Italian)”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I'm not big in Italian but this place was good. 6 of us, with a mixed bag of orders and all very happy. The mains are huge and need a side coz its just too much meat. the service was professional and knew the product.
They lost 1 start because they charged us an extra bottle- $140.00!!! This is too big a mistake.

Richmond, Virginia
“I felt like a Princess!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

After a very tough few weeks, I decided to treat myself to lunch at Tartufo! What a splendid idea.
The restaurant is gorgeous. I felt that I was transported to Europe. The moment I made the reservation on the phone I was in love with Jeffrey. When I arrived, he remembered my call. I arrived 10 minutes before the restaurant opened but he led me to a lovely table, took my drink order and gave me the menu. The waiter (who was actually Italian) was extremely helpful when I asked him which dish to choose as I was torn. He was spot on. Jeffrey stopped by the table and chatted. I never felt alone unless I wanted to be.

The food was amazing. I had the daily special, a take on a caprese salad which slightly cooked the tiny vine tomatoes and gave a completely different taste. I followed it with linguine ai funghi tartufati which was sensational. I couldn't leave without dessert and I chose panna cotta al miele & vaniglia which was delicious. Jeffrey brought me a dessert wine on the house which was the perfect compliment.

When I left I felt like a million dollars. It was the best service I can remember in a long time and it made my day!

2 Thank AJFINCHER