“Top Italian Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is a quality restaurant in anyone's language. It has excellent ambience, good and attentive service and great Italian food with a first class wine list. We had some tasty starters including baccala balls which were delicious, olives and fresh tasty squid. I had a very interesting dish consisting of a slow cooked shoulder of lamb stuffed with a mixture of prosciutto lentils and other tasty ingredients and we shared a good Joseph Cromy chardonnay from Tasmania. A good culinary experience.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We visited a couple of weeks ago and again and it was another great experience, There is not a bad disn on the menu and we hae always found the service second to none. In the Valley with no view over the river it has to be good. I hear they are putting in a wood fired Pizza oven to adds another dimention. We like to sit at the bar and have a drink before going to the table.

A family run business itgs just cant get much better.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Awesome food - Really enjoyed the evening.
The ability to share dishes was a great opportunity for us to try many dishes on the menu.
Liver pate,
Beef Carpaccio,
Vitello Tonnato
Murshoom past with truffle oil

Bread made on premises - twice, as the first one vanished !

and the desserts:
Chocolate foundant and Panacota -

It was great to experience simple and honest flavours.

Great selection of wines

The evening atmosphere was honest and simple with great attention to service too.

Overall satisfaction rating: WELL ABOVE ANY EXPECTATION!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is such a fantastic restaurant. I've eaten here a couple of times (one for my birthday and I can say this restaurant really doesn't disappoint. Where to start... Firstly, if its Italian you're looking for in the Valley area, go here! There's Bucci around the corner, but its like trying to compare apples to oranges. For instance, there's so much space inside Tartufo so you're not cramped in with a bunch of strangers and you can enjoy a bit more of an intimate dinner.

Food: I'd suggest selecting a degustaton. Well worth the price. You'll be there for about 2 hours, but that's plenty of time to relax and talk. I've had the seafood degustation and the normal one. While most of the items in the degustation are gluten free, there were a couple that weren't. I just told the wait staff that I was gluten intolerant and they were more than happy to go out of their way to ensure everything was gluten free.

Another bonus. I took my parents here for with my partner. They had a different degustation to my partner and I, which was one course less. The chefs went out of their way to create an extra course for them (at no extra charge) so that we would all be eating at the same time.

Service: Impeccable! Couldn't fault it. Very friendly and very attentive.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Good classical Italian food. Could have had a bit more interest to it but still recommendable. The restaurant can get quite noisy and we didn't like the lighting which bathed the room in a diffuse atmosphere. We had a lovely waitress looking after us but some of the guys were a bit arrogant. Still a very good choice when in the "Emporium" precinct.