“Ospitality in the Valley” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tartufo

Tartufo
Ranked #5 of 4,266 Restaurants in Brisbane
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Liphook, United Kingdom
“Ospitality in the Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

On a flying visit to Brisbane for business, I made sure I returned to Tartufo which I discovered with a colleague last year. it was as good, if not better, than I remembered.
The decor is charming and very comfortable. High ceilings, pillars and banquettes.
Even though I was dining alone, they were happy to allow me to enjoy the degustation menu (which usually has a 2 person minimum). This was around 6 courses, well balanced and delicious. I had superbly matched wines alongside it. The staff were quietly attentive, knowledgeable and charming. They were also generous, with extra glugs of particularly appreciated wines.
I grazed happily all evening, browsing my ipad between courses. I couldn't have been made more welcome. Thanks Andrew and Gordana for a great evening.
This is a "must visit" when in Brisbane.

Brisbane Region, Australia
“Keen to try again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

A colleague recommended this venue so as we were in that part of Bris headed in on a quiet Thursday early in the evening with no booking. It was still early but the adjoining bar was abuzz and gave the place a nice mood. We were made welcome and shown to a table promptly. This is an elegant space formerly a French restaurant and the fit-out classy. Nice linen and glassware with tap-water brought straight to the table. We ordered a seafood and pasta dish each and wine by the glass from a good selection featuring many Italian varietals. Good to see wines by the glass on offer but like a lot of places they need to be alert that aromatic whites have a short bottle life once opened and a grigio I ordered was in that category. My companion said her seafood dish was fresh, flavoursome and excellent and it looked it too, however my pasta was a little oily and unremarkable so I've given a very good being the score being between excellent and average. What we did like was the mood, the attentive service (well there were only about 3 or 4 tables active at this early time) and the promise the Menu offered of D'gestation experiences. We'll be back as I think more time at the venue and taking the opportunity to sample a greater range of the courses could see a higher score. Very nice toilets.

Sydney, Australia
“Perfect for pre-show snacks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were in Brisbane to see Circa and stayed next door at the Emporium Hotel. Dropped into this restaurant for a quick pre-show snack and drink, and I was disappointed we couldn't stay for an entire meal. Food was fresh, light and tasty, the staff smiling, professional and polite. The decor is also fresh, charming and cosy. Will definitely eat here for a longer meal when in Brisbane next!

Brisbane, Australia
“Keeping the legacy of Belle Époque alive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Went for a friend's birthday and it was my first time since it changed hands (and name and theme) a few years ago. I was nervous because I had loved it predecessor so much and still felt pained by its closure.

But the place won me over with lovely food and good service. The only thing I would say is:
- bring out entrees all at the same time...that's restaurant 101
- improve your cocktail list.

Visited September 2013
“Great service, great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had a great experience at Tartufo. The food was modest, delicious and beautifully presented and the service from our waiter/supervisor Sam was attentive and considerate. He had a superb knowledge of the food and wine witch made the experience all the more pleasing. Will be back.

• Visited August 2013