“We will be back.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We went to Tartufo initially as second choice after being made feel very uncomfortable at one of Brisbane's finer French restaurants. It should have been our first choice. The welcoming was fabulous and the staff are so hard working, polite and attentive. Especially the head of house who must walk many miles each shift to ensure all had a great experience. The food could not be faulted. I had a re packed lamb shank with flavours to die for. My partner had an amazing rabbit terrine. These were just highlights as we returned the second night for more superb dishes. The wine list seems expensive at first but most are high quality cellared drops. Although a large restaurant, the tables were at a good distance apart.....enough to feel private. We would thoroughly recommend this dining experience and will return ourselves.

There are newer reviews for Tartufo

Reviewed May 31, 2013

It was a recommendation made by an Italian friend and I was quite pleased that we did try it out . It's located the emporium square which is a cool and vibey place. The service was outstanding . We had a lovely glass wine. The bruschetta was just plain tomatoes on bread but it was exquisite tasting tomatoes. Fresh and flavorful . Was it worth 9 dollars ? I am not sold on that . But our main courses were absolutely mouthwatering delightful ! We had the stuffed mushrooms with pinenuts and cheese. It was served elegantly . And they share it for you and serve it which is thoughtful. I am still dreaming of the the linguine squid chilli pasta . Just the right kick of spice and the pasta was cooked to perfection . I could have a whole bowl more of just the pasta ! I was disappointed that there were no Risottos on the menu when it does say rice or pasta on the menu. Overall it was a lovely meal , nice ambience and good service . C abt wait to go back to try their degustation menu with the wine pairings !

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I love my Italian food and hearing this place was "classic" Italian, I was looking forward to a more sophisticated Italian experience. I have to admit, the atmosphere is very Fine dining but for me personally I found it to lack any real charm or character. As far as the food is concerned, we started off with salt and pepper calamari which was actually really nice; it had just the right amount of light batter and tasted fresh. However for our main meals, we had the Mussels and the mushroom linguine. I found the linguine to be rather bland, with no distinct flavour. As for the mussels, several of them still had the beards on them (rookie error), and a couple of them were dead (they hadn't opened). When we told this to the Belgian waiter, he didn't acknowledge our complaint.

Overall, it was okay, but to be honest I was expecting more, especially considering the price you pay for the meals.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was very excited to take my husband to Tartufo after having an excellent dining experience previously on a girl's night out. On arrival we were seated at a table with a paper tablecloth which I found offensive when you are spending that kind of money. The entrées were pleasant enough but it was the main that really fell short on the night. When I first visited Tartufo I had ordered the pork belly which was sensational. It was elegant and well balanced. As I enjoyed this dish so much and I had raved about it to my husband we decided to order it again. The pork belly we received this time was nowhere near the quality I'd previously had and was closer to a good pub meal. The cut was monstrous, the meal cold and the cracking was not crunchy throughout. Overall it was a disappointing experience and I won't be rushing back to Tartufo's any-time soon. On the positive side though the service we received from MKR contestant Jake was good and he was very attentive throughout the meal. The wine list is adequate with a good selection of wine and ciders.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

First time visit. Started with a salt 'n pepper calamari and arincini balls - fresh and well cooked. Selected the wild mushroom linguine with an Italian Pinot. Fast service with nice ambience. Would go again.