“Things seem to have slipped at this restaurant”

Moo Moo The Wine Bar + Grill
Ranked #80 of 4,327 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Grill, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Things seem to have slipped at this restaurant”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I have dined at Moo Moo's probably 5 times and the last two have left me cold. Now let's put this in perspective before I start, our average bill here is over $300 per couple including wine so we aren't talking about a suburban bistro and for this money I expect the highest level of consistent service and food quality.

It seems that the service has dropped off and on my most recent visit we were attended to by 3 different staff members, not what I expect from a top class restaurant, we were brought drinks we didn't order and deserts we didn't order.

The food is good but really a $58 steak (and for that you only get the steak) should be the best steak you ever had, sadly it hasn't been.

Like I said the food and service are good but not great and in a restaurant that charges what Moo Moo does I expect great not ok.

Sorry to say the gloss has gone for me.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank 3073Dogs

Adelaide, Australia
“Great service”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

There were 10 of us and we were given a private room with a large round table. The staff were very attentive and the service excellent.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank colinmichaelellis
Gold Coast, Australia
“Highly Recommended!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Great service and the food was delicious!! Even stayed on after dinner to enjoy cocktails at the bar. Perfect girls night, will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Emma L
Gold Coast, Australia
“Awesome Experience @ Moo Moo”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We walked into the incredible heritage building and after a drink at the impressive bar we were taken past the flaming grills, wine cellar and dry aging fridges before being seated in the main dining room which has a great atmosphere. We didn't have a lot of time and the waiter made sure our meals were ordered and delivered perfectly cooked and he even suggested a nice glass of red to pair with my steak. We love going to Moo Moo whenever we are in Brisbane and will be back again soon. The private dining rooms looked spectacular and were buzzing with excitement. The number of people photographing their food was a testament to the beautiful plating of every meal.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Corey R
Brisbane
“Diamond in the rough!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Wow is all I can say! Last night my husband and I were treated to five star service in the most beautiful building in Brisbane! We are staying at Stamford Plaza for 3 nights and we will be going back to MooMoos tonight. The waiter's recommendations led our decisions and all our needs we anticipated. We travel a lot and my husband insists on visiting every capital city's steak restaurant- the Flat Iron steak I had was seriously the best steak I have eaten and I could see it being cooked to perfection in the open kitchen. We left so happy and couldn't stop complimenting the staff, this place is Brisbane's diamond in the rough...the engine room behind this operation really have all bases covered- don't miss this carnivore haven- superb!!!

• Visited August 2014