“Fabulous restaurant on the waterfront in Brisbane”
Review of The Groove Train

The Groove Train
Ranked #579 of 4,658 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The location, the food, and the staff's attentiveness make this a very special restaurant in Brisbane. Great place to people watch- strolling or riding bicycles along the riverfront walkway, or cruising up or down the river. Best part of the restaurant is the excellent food and the quick and personable service. I went back a second time during a six day stay here because it was so great. The barramundi fish was divine, cooked perfectly, tender, mild and the presentation was most appetising. Price was quite reasonable too. I paid about $25-$30 for a meal and a glass of wine. Also, you can catch a ferry just outside the restaurant.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

This restaurant is in quite a good location, right on the river very close to the ferry terminal. Unfortunately it is set further back than the other restaurants and as such never sees the sun. If you want to enjoy the river views, breezes, or sunshine, choose from some of the other fabulous restaurants along this great boardwalk area.

We dined here twice. The service is random - one has to work very hard to place an order and the plates are fairly thrown onto the table with a tortured sigh.

While the menu looks quite ok there is almost too much in the variety of burgers, salads, pastas, pizzas, steaks .... they'd do better to do a few things well than a lot of things poorly. My husband and I both ended up with severe gastro after dining - once can be forgiven, twice cannot, so naturally we've not returned since and never will.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was right on the north side of the river, beside many other bars and cafés. Very popular spot so lots of people watching! Food good too and reasonably priced. Variety on the menu.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately I have only dined here once with work colleagues and was severely disappointed.
$20 got us two mediocre bowls of chips with extra aioli. The chips served were extremely oily and unfortunately unflavoursome.

Also the service is a little slow, and may take a whole to either receive your order or get appropriate service to your table.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I dined on Friday night and had not made a booking. This was my first mistake as it was very busy. However the maitre d' found me a table and sent over the waitress straight away. I was offered water and menus and when asked she returned with the cocktail menu. I waited a while before having my order taken but the restaurant was very busy. The meal arrived quickly and was fantastic, I highly recommend the chicken and mushroom risotto. The summer days cocktail was also amazing. The plates were cleared and after a while I was offered a dessert menu. Again this was excellent. The drinks service was attentive and the staff were friendly and knew the menu well. The service was a little slow but I will put this down to it being a very busy night. The meal was amazing and view is fantastic. Will definitely be back.