“Overpriced food with no service.”
Review of The Groove Train

The Groove Train
Ranked #648 of 4,314 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Italian, International, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Brisbane, Australia
“Overpriced food with no service.”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately I have only dined here once with work colleagues and was severely disappointed.
$20 got us two mediocre bowls of chips with extra aioli. The chips served were extremely oily and unfortunately unflavoursome.

Also the service is a little slow, and may take a whole to either receive your order or get appropriate service to your table.

• Indonesian first
Cairns
“Excellent food, service a little slow”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I dined on Friday night and had not made a booking. This was my first mistake as it was very busy. However the maitre d' found me a table and sent over the waitress straight away. I was offered water and menus and when asked she returned with the cocktail menu. I waited a while before having my order taken but the restaurant was very busy. The meal arrived quickly and was fantastic, I highly recommend the chicken and mushroom risotto. The summer days cocktail was also amazing. The plates were cleared and after a while I was offered a dessert menu. Again this was excellent. The drinks service was attentive and the staff were friendly and knew the menu well. The service was a little slow but I will put this down to it being a very busy night. The meal was amazing and view is fantastic. Will definitely be back.

• Visited January 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The Groove Train has a great location overlooking the river, the service was good & the food is also good but meals are overpriced for chain bar/restaurant. I watched 2 couples sit down look at the menu & then say it was too expensive & walk out.

Visited January 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Good views, pleasant food”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Dined at about 630pm on a Friday, personable staff, good table immediately, good views of the river, boardwalk, approaching planes. Meal was tasty and reasonable value.

• Visited December 2013
Brisbane
“Mind changed for the worst......”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Having been to The Groove Train at Eagle St Pier several times and enjoying it a lot, we went in June 2013 and it was a completely different experience and judging by the more recent comments, others agree.

The best way I can describe my Penne Amatriciana is that it was similar to a school dinner I had many moons ago - sloppy, tasteless and over cooked. Actually my school meals were sometimes really nice, so probably being unfair to them!

I hate to give a bad review as you will see from my previous reviews, but I have to be honest!

• Visited June 2013