Quest Ascot
  • Room Service
$65
$62
  • Restaurant
Mantra South Bank, Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$147
$119
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$93
$106
Hotwire.com
$83
  • Pool
All reviewsracecourse roadeagle farmgreat locationbowling clubrace trackbowls clubbbq facilitiesrestaurants cafeswalking distancebrisbane airporttrain lineclose to public transportfamily roomthe staff were extremely helpfulclose to shopsoff street parkingundercover parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I'm writing this review very early in the morning in part because the train line just behind this hotel makes any rooms at the rear quite noisy. I think there is a crossing nearby because the train drivers give a nice long blast of the horn just behind the Quest Ascot! Not fun at 0500 hrs. There is also a major road behind this hotel and from about 0430 the road noise started to pick up too. I think if you get a room close to the front of the hotel it may be a lot more peaceful.

The room is neat and clean - and I'm glad it had a washing machine and dryer because Qantas lost my bag on this flight and all I had was the gear I was wearing and my trip from Perth to Brisbane via Sydney took pretty much all day - and yes I think my clothes were not going to smell too good the next day - so I appreciated that these are fully equipped rooms.

The showers are the in-the-bath type and the sliding glass door had dirt or mould in the frame. Maybe this sounds pickky but the state of the bathroom is a good way to tell a good hotel from a great hotel I reckon.

I had to use the iron too and that was fine but the ironing board was pretty old and the cover didn't fit properly and the iron was a cheap old one with all scorch marks on it. Hey - it did the job but...

Unfortunately the room didn't have any washing powder on hand - but to the credit of the night manager, he came straight out at 11.30 pm to get some for me and he did so quite willingly. That's good service.

I had to check in quite late - the reception was closed but the key was left out for us in a small safe behind the office. The after-hours buzzer brought a quick response and the after hours contact just gave me the safe combo (simple push button type) and hey presto - I had my key!

Bed was quite comfortable and noise aside my night's sleep wasn't too bad. Reading lights in the bedroom were not that good so if you want to read in bed you'll probably strain your eyes.

This hotel is not very close to shops or services and for a newly arrived late night guest minus his bags this was not that easy. However there is a Caltex mini-mart about a 10 minute walk away and I managed to get pretty much everything I needed there. I see that another reviewer has noted that there is a big shopping centre nearby. I don't doubt this but it wasn't something easy to find late at night (probably shut anyhow!).

I chose this place because it was close to the airport, but I think next time I'd probably go for a hotel closer to the CBD. Overall I'd say this hotel is OK....but nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: Ask for one near the front away from the railway line - unless your a train enthusiast of course!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Haydn M
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Fantastic shower pressure and a really powerful hairdryer.
Not the most beautiful decor but had comfy bed, tv, alarm clock and kitchenette, as well as tea/coffee facilities. The pool seemed like it would have been a good spot on a sunny day.
You'd need a car since there's not much around in terms of dining and shopping.
And if you are travelling with lots of luggage, request a room on the ground floor since there's no lift that I could see.

Room Tip: Request a ground floor room if you have heavy suitcases.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We have stayed at this motel about three times now and always enjoyed the accommodation. The great location, spacious rooms, parking and value for money keeps us coming back.

It is only a quick trip to the airport and close to the city, with a big shopping centre also nearby, plus the convenience of Racecourse Road around the corner with all the al-fresco dining and boutique shops.

The apartments themselves are starting to look a bit dated, but they are still modern and most importantly clean. There is heaps of room and we LOVE the huge balconies - we have a toddler so this is a big bonus! Parking is free and off the street, and the pool is lovely too.

Outside of the city, this is our favourite place to stay and we will continue to make it our 'home away from home' in future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony or pool side - so much more room and nice to relax outside.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Flight was late due so we arrived after 8pm. As reception was open we went in. The first thing that got us was the smell. Just horrid. The woman behind the counter informed us she had charged our credit card even though I had said at booking I would pay cash. She did credit my card but seemed brassed off. Then we left to find our room by ourselves. I am used to a hotelier physically showing the room. No fresh milk either. The first thing when we opened the door was the smell. This time it was chlorine as they had left the door open on the pool side. It was extremely strong, my husbands eyes were stinging all night and I had a bad headache. The room itself was tiny, the bed was extremely uncomfortable and the electric kettle that was supplied could not fit under the one and only tap in the bathroom. The floor was so dirty it was sticky to walk on.
I note this establishment gives itself a 4 star rating - yeah right!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ishkaa
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Quest Ascot is well located for we racegoers but its faults were numerous, and fairly amusing really! There was a sign saying if you want to sleep in put up the 'do not disturb' sign - and there wasn't one. The kettle didn't fit under the tap. The key to open the balcony was strongly attached to the card to put in the power slot, when u took it out the lights went off and you couldn't see enough to use the key! Maids knocked on nearby doors very loudly early in the morning yelling ROOM SERVICE so no chance of a lie in. Room was on the small side and basic. Pass!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple