“Convenient but average”
Review of Quest Ascot

Quest Ascot
Ranked #24 of 138 Specialty Lodging in Brisbane
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Quest Ascot is well located for we racegoers but its faults were numerous, and fairly amusing really! There was a sign saying if you want to sleep in put up the 'do not disturb' sign - and there wasn't one. The kettle didn't fit under the tap. The key to open the balcony was strongly attached to the card to put in the power slot, when u took it out the lights went off and you couldn't see enough to use the key! Maids knocked on nearby doors very loudly early in the morning yelling ROOM SERVICE so no chance of a lie in. Room was on the small side and basic. Pass!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quest Ascot

Reviewed June 1, 2011

Warning, don't stay here unless you don't mind spending $350NZ per night for a two bedroom unit that has one two seater couch. Rest assured the rest of you will have to sit on a hard wooden floor approx 2m from the television. My husband, 17mth old and I travelled to Brisbane for a family holiday with friends an their 3yr old. We chose these appartments because they were two bedroom and close to the airport. What an absolute rip off to charge $350 NZ per night for what they provided. You at least expect to be able to sit on a couch for that money. Further to this we were told a porta cot could be added to each room along with the queen/double bed. When we arrived the cot did not fit in one room and we had to push the bed up against the ensuite door. meaning I had to climb over the bed to get into the bathroom. At 27 weeks pregnant I thought this was disgusting, especially at that price. When I complained, we returned to the unit to find the owners solution was to place the cot half way into the wardrobe, where our infant had to sleep for the next two nights! The showers were filthy, unit substandard, one two seater couch was completely unacceptable, no coffee plunger or bottle opener, phone was not working so I had to ring via NZ to reach reception at my cost as it was located some disatance from the unit. The water was cold and we had to boil the jug for the kids bath and we even had to tune the TV ourselves. These people are praying on the fact that you have already paid for the unit prior to arrival. I complained but it fell on deaf ears as they already had their money! Be warned.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank cwearne
Reviewed May 11, 2011

We had the pleasure of staying here for one night before we flew out of the Brisbane Airport early the next morning.

I would recommend this place to anyone needing to stay from 1 night or long term stay as they are fairly self-contained (can't remember whether it had an oven but definitely a microwave).

We arrived late in the evening but having informed them of this, check-in was open until 7pm which we just made. The young fellow on the counter was very friendly and helpful in telling us where our room and carpark was and I was able to pay straight away so we could check out early.

The unit (1 bedroom) was very well appointed and had everything we needed. Bedroom, bathroom with laundry, kitchen/ette and lounge-room. Everything was clean and tidy. Very happy with our stay.

It is a short walk from Racecourse Road which has ample restaurants,eateries and even a 7-11 for grocery items. Great location if you are staying in town and going to the races also!

I was very happy with the unit given to us. I had read the previous reviews on Trip Advisor but gave it a chance anyway due to its location and amenities and was very pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2011

On arrival I was met with an unfriendly front desk staff who were extremely unhelpful with answering any questions I had. The actual accom is nice - rooms are spacious with good decore, modern flat screen TV and clean kitchenette. Mind you, I did actually pay for a better room so I don't know what a standard room would be like. When I left though, the front desk did not know how to do a payment using a Best Western Travel Card (like a gift card). It took over 30mins and 2 people to finally complete and even then they stuffed up. Six months later I get an email for the manager telling me they are deducting money from my Visa for the stay because they stuffed up on the gift card. Speaking to the manager about it, he was rude, couldn't have cared less and gave me a million excuses about why his staff were completely useless in the paying department. His entire attitude SUCKED! I wouldn't go back there and he obviously doesn't need your custom because although they made the mistake, he wasn't prepared to deal with it. I now have to chase up my gift card details - 6 months later - and get them to reregister it so that I can have my money that they illegally deducted, put back onto my Visa. You can't trust them - watch out.

Room Tip: Pay for an upgrade or don't stay there!
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I am a frequent business traveller. My 2nd stay in this palce in 2010. Last time horrible room smell and this time cold room! Asked the manager to fix the AC and she replied that "You can go another hotel if you want."!!! Will never stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank FrequentTraveller666
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Not a bad hotel, I've stayed here a few times now. Last one was Feb business trip.
Rooms are a little dated.
It's super close to the airport (major plus)
Very close to racecourse rd for dining.
Beds are fairly average unfortunately.
Handy for work however i don't think I'd stay here if on holidays.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2011

I regularly transit through Brisbane and have stayed overnight in the Studio apartments on several ocassions. The studio apartments are small, but reasonable for an overnight stay. They have a balcony which is shared with the adjacent apartment which is better than no balcony at all. Taxi to the aiport is only about $25 and you aren't going to get caught up in traffic (a real advantage if your flight is in peak hour). There are quite a few restaraunts and supermarket in Racecourse road a 5-10 minute walk away.

Quite a reasonably place.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business