“Great view, food and SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aria Brisbane

Aria Brisbane
Reserve with
Aria Brisbane is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 4,294 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: ARIA Brisbane, located on the Eagle Street Pier, provides the quintessential Brisbane dining experience, with striking views from the restaurant of the Brisbane River. Owned by chef Matt Moran and restaurateur, Peter Sullivan, ARIA boasts a well-balanced seasonal menu, featuring local and Australian produce and an award winning wine list, served in an elegant dining room with stunning views. "If it's fine dining you seek, in a split-level expanse of understated elegance that affords sweeping city views, this sibling to Matt Moran's southern star ticks the boxes. Add a stellar cellar selection, with a thoughtful nod to Queensland wineries, plus accomplished service and you've hit the right notes, particularly for corporates and lovers of occasion. There's obvious skill, attention to detail and quality produce on show from opening chords to final flourish. Succulent pork belly has perfect golden crackling, while plump duck dumplings, abalone and mushrooms swim in a Peking duck consomme. Kingfish baked in cedar bark has its wrapping set alight en route to the table, adding a welcome smokiness. Creamy custard tart alongside figs, apple slices and candied walnuts has real retro charm. A sweet farewell gift box of miniature macarons rounds out a night to remember." Gourmet Traveller Australia
Brisbane
“Great view, food and SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Wait staff are very knowledgeable about matching wines. So nice to have staff who don't assume wine list is going to the men! Attention to detail and sophistication in service. Food was delicious, generous serving sizes and for my gluten free friend almost everything was able to be served in gluten free variation without any hassle or confusion. Loved the spacious arrangement of tables.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Queenland, Australia
“Excellent end to a not so hot week!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

From the moment I walked in and got showed to our table, I knew the experience was going to be special. The view was great of the Brisbane River and the decor simple elegance. The meal started with a complementary appetizer soup, which was delicious. This was followed by the BEST pork belly I have eaten and then the Barramundi that was also absolutely delicious and was presented like a piece of art. The truffle mash was great too. This was all washed down by a lovely wine from an extensive list. The finishing touch was my dessert Banana - just heaven on a plate. Food was only part of this experience. All the staff were very attentive, especially our waiter who ensured the bad week that I had was firmly put in the past for the evening. Thank you.

Visited July 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Hurry - Winter wonders menu at ridiculously low prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

For the next 2 weeks through until the end of July, an opportunity to taste the truly superb food of Brisbane's excellent restaurants without resorting to embezzlement. The first on the must list is Aria located at 1 Eagle Street on the river. Great views. The service is absolutely top notch including the greeting at the door, and the polite efficiency of the service. For $39 each we had the amuse bouche of a superbly flavored pumpkin soup. The entre of gnocchi with its wondrous textures simply melted in the mouth, followed by either a coq au vin or the best corn beef I have ever tasted. Served with a decent red wine. The portions are lunch-time perfect.Must must must go.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Pauline K
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Where Great Service and Great Food Come To Life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

When I was making a list of restaurants to try out in Brisbane while on a vacation, Aria was one that stayed on the list no matter how many times I've tweaked my list. I made an online reservation and went for lunch on a rainy Friday with my Aussie company.

** The server **

Our server for that afternoon was Ben, who was absolutely pleasant, courteous, helpful and attentive :) Having a great server like Ben sure made the dining experience all the better.

** Complimentary starters **

On the day of our dining, we were served a shot glass of spiced pumpkin soup and some bread (I picked the French baguette). The spiced pumpkin soup was nice but I think the spices kinda overpowered the pumpkin a little too much as the soup smelled very much like an Indian dhall curry. No worries though, it doesn't taste spicy if you're one who can't stomach spicy stuff. Bread was fresh so no complaints there.

** Entrees **

1) My choice: Consomme - Peking duck consomme with duck dumplings, shaved abalone and mushrooms. The consomme was light yet comforting for a rainy day in Brisbane and the duck dumplings were filled with sweet tasting filling. If you want to sneak something Asian into your Western meal at Aria or you want something to warm you up on a chilly day, you may want to consider the consomme.

2) My company's choice: Scallops - seared and served with crisp chicken, seaweed, apple and radish. The scallops came perfectly seared although a little cold by the time it was served probably because the plate was sitting there while the kitchen was preparing my consomme. I feel bad for my company. Haha.

** Mains **

1) My choice: Barramundi - roast fillet with crab, celeriac puree, cucumber and preserved lemon. I'm not a big fan of fish in general but given Aria's current main course offering, this was the only thing I'd eat. I pretty much fell in love with their barramundi when I tasted it. It was roasted to perfection, crisp on the outside yet soft and flaky on the inside. The fish they used was fresh and it wasn't fishy at all. And the celeriac puree? Creamy and I wanted more!

2) My company's choice: Pork - slow cooked neck and crisp tail with crushed parsnip, mushrooms and elk. I stole a bite of my company's pork neck and it was yum! Like my barramundi, it was really just cooked to perfection. The meat was flaky and just melted in my mouth. Can't comment about the crisp tail since I wasn't adventurous enough to taste any.

** Desserts **

1) My choice: Souffle - blackcurrant souffle with mandarin and sweet milk sorbet. My dessert was the perfect marriage between sweet and sour. The blackcurrant souffle had a moderate sweetness and was topped off with the sourness of the mandarin liquid (can't call it syrup since it wasn't sweet at all) and the sweet milk sorbet was the perfect sweetener to wash off the sourness.

2) My company's choice: Banana - banana and brown sugar parfait, banana sorbet with toasted marshmallow. The parfait and banana sorbet were nicely done, both weren't too sweet. My company loved everything on his dessert plate including the caramelized banana pieces, toasted marshmallow and crumbles.

** Complimentary petits fours **

To be honest, I have no idea what were the names of the petits fours because I was away from the table when they were served by Ben. LOL. The mini orange cubes were mandarin flavored and had mochi like texture. Then there were 2 little pieces of Hershey Kiss shaped chocolate something. I didn't like this one because it was too bitter so dark chocolate lovers might. Lastly there were 2 pieces of almond brittle/crisp, which was probably what I loved most from the wooden tray.

** Overall experience**

I loved it. My company loved it too. Service was great. All the food we had were cooked to perfection, nothing was undercooked nor overcooked. Ingredients used for the food were fresh. Great view of the river and Story Bridge if the view matters to you.

** Tips **

If an a la carte dinner at Aria is too expensive for you, go for their 2-course lunch priced at AUD56.00 per person OR 3-course lunch priced at AUD72.00 per person (Mondays to Fridays) if you still want the full dining experience. Lunch and dinner menus have the same items. By doing the 2-course or 3-course lunch, you're just paying for a fraction of what you'd pay for their 2-course or 3-course a la carte dinner :)

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank ohsillymNg
brisbane
“gorgeous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

i have had heard about this resturant from my friends,so i booked a table for my birthday,we had drinks before and the whole ambience of the place is fantastic,then we sat down ,i had the scotch fillet steak with a bearmise sauce medium rare with paris mash and truffle oil with a mixed leaf salad it just melted in my mouth,then i had panacotta with rhubarb crumble with raspberry sorbet it was like a artwork on a plate it was bloody gorgeous i wanted more,i will tell all my friends to go,i would go back again for lunch anyday

Visited July 2013