“Great place to stay”
Review of Mantra on the Quay

Mantra on the Quay
Ranked #10 of 139 Specialty Lodging in Brisbane
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Really convenient - easy access to shopping, restaurants and other key locations in CBD. My only disappointment was with parking.
Before I travelled, I wanted to ensure there would be a parking space available for us as the information sent to me by Mint stated "Secure Car Parking is available at an additional cost of $25 per night and must be pre-booked" so I e-mailed Mint and asked to book a space only to be told that "your request has been added to your booking and we will try our best to accommodate" so we were unsure until we arrived whether or not we would be able to park. That being the case, why say that parking must be pre-booked - not helpful.

1  Thank NeilsMum

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Originally booked a studio but on arrival decided to upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite for an extra $50AUD per night - well worth the money!

Our studio was huge, with large living area, sofa, flatscreen tv, kitchen, dishwasher. The bathroom was large with separate utility area with washing machine and dryer. Small criticism would be the room and kitchen are probably due a deep clean with signs of wear and tear and some dirt in the fridge. Aside from this, couldn't fault the place.

The balcony was amazing and worth the upgrade alone, with great views across Brisbane.

The apartments are in a great location right in the centre of town and less than 30 seconds walk down to the waterfront where there are lots of great bars and restaurants.

These apartments were a great way to end our holiday in Australia and I would definately return.

Room Tip: Book a suite as the studio's are quite small and don't have a balcony.
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I love the views. I love the furnishing. I love that it's not a 'full on' motel like place with daily room service etc. You get a feeling of privacy because you are not invaded with unnecessary service. I love the fact that you have visitors car parks (that are easily accessible) so that my daughter can pop in and visit me. Love the balcony and large balcony door. Also love the air conditioning dedicated to separate areas.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 16, 2014

A great experience which I will always remember. It was my birthday and a group of friends came to stay a night and see a show. The accommodation really added to the night. It made me feel 'swanky' and special as I had great views of the river and city, a great open plan living area and heaps of room. Close to everything and plush, great!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Leila G
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We rented a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment. Haven't been to Brisbane for ages, so wasn't really sure where to stay. This location was fantastic. A short walk along the boardwalk to Eagle Street Pier with its restaurants, bars and the free City Hopper ferry (ideal for getting to Southbank). Also a woolworths supermarket not far away - straight up the Macrossen street hill and behind Europcar.

Our room was on the 20th floor and had a large balcony with a table for 4. We had a lovely view of the river and Story Bridge. The apartment had a fully equipped kitchen (full cooktop, oven, microwave, dishwasher), large dining table, adequate lounge with tv including some foxtel channels, good bathroom, ensuite was a bit of a strange shape and smelled a bit due to lack of ventilation or fan and leaking shower, good bedrooms with plenty of hanging space.

Pool area was disappointing - much smaller than expected and constantly in shade.

I would definitely stay again as it was great value for apartment style accommodation in a handy location.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Picked this hotel for a short stay in Jan 14 after reading favorable reviews on trip advisor.
Hotel hard to find.. don't agree it's centrally located, decent walk into city and to most public transport.
Expensive for what it is. Not sure who rates these hotels but not 4.5 star. Our apartment was dirty and I do mean dirty, I had to clean tables , bench tops before I could eat. TV and doors covered in obvious sticky finger prints The bathrooms showers had grim in corners. Master bed had a foot scarf covered in stains.. it may have been clean but it was obvious what the stains were as it was only for decoration- why put it on the bed in the first place? Ruined my first impression.
The pool area was in permanent shade and the lounges old and dirty, as was the pool which was cloudy and had green slime in corners and dirty tiles. Only hotel i have ever stayed in where the spa overflowed into the pool and wasn't heated?
I did express concern about the pool but was told it was fine? After that I didn't bother wasting my time speaking to the reception staff about cleanness etc.
Small lounge area and no second TV... Foxtel was sports orientated no movie channels no big deal but think this should be advertised as such. as not a sports fan.
Limited help in room regarding Brisbane activities and local shops etc.
Overall not good enough!! I won't stay again, not central and rooms dirty, well below standard I expect from a so called 4.5 star hotel.
stayed on 11th floor and we did get River view.

Room Tip: Ask for River view
3  Thank tilleytuppence
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Loved the location of these apartments. Just a stroll away from the Eagle Street Pier, with plenty of bars and restaurants. The 2 bedroom apartment was spacious and well equipped. The large balcony was great with river views.

• Stayed: January 2014