“We loved jan!!”

Herston Place Motel
Ranked #28 of 62 Brisbane B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 3, 2013

stopped in Brisbane for two nights on our way to Hervey Bay, rooms were large and clean, really comfy beds, air con and kitchen facilities. Bathroom was tiny but did the job it was there for!!

Staff were friendly and we adopted jan as our nan, super friendly, helpful and funny she made us feel at home and we were sad to say goodbye to her.

Was close by to city and easy to find, free wifi in foyer.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank weentty

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Loved it. Managers are lovely and very helpful. Rooms very clean. Close to the hospital. Off street parking a real bonus. Being able to cook in the rooms was fantastic, and laundry facilities were a great asset for longer stays

Room Tip: Bring your own food. No shops close by
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank chris b
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had a queen room plus a single - it was clean, neat and tidy and all we could expect for the $160 or so we paid. It's in a really central location and we were easily able to jump on one of the highways to get where we wanted. The bathroom reminded us more like a tiny cosy cabin bathroom, but it was clean and provided the necessary conveniences! The beds were comfy, sheets were crisp and clean, all we wanted really. I would definitely recommend for the price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank threeluv
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have been booking here every week since having to visit my sick father often. Find it clean,comfortable and efficient with booking etc and they will refer if full.
Towels linen coffee making facilities free wifi in foyer ...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank mkno8759
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at Herston Place Motel as we wanted to be close to where a wedding reception was being held at the Golf club. Turned out the motel was just across the road from the venue entrance which was perfect for us. The motel provides the basic requirements and is clean and tidy which is what we wanted. The bed was very comfortable and the room was plenty big enough with a small balcony. We found the rates to be very good and much cheaper than the expensive hotels in the city (A$115 per night). The motel was only 10 min drive from the center of town or you could walk to the train station.... all very close. I noticed that they did not provide a hair dryer or coffee plunger, however that was not a problem as I had my own hair dryer with me. Would have liked a coffee plunger though if we had been staying longer. The golf club made lovely coffee so again not a problem. Great place to stay if you need a bed for a few nights in Brisbane. It is situated off the main road so is very quiet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank kiwi254
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Recently I emailed this motel to enquire about staying there overnight when we were coming to Brisbane to visit the ekka. I gave them the dates we would be arriving and was quoted $120 per night. When I rang them directly to advise that I would like to book, I was told the price would be $135 per night. When I questioned them about this, the response I got was "the ekka is on at that time" and when I advised that this was the reason we would be staying there and that I had been quoted a cheaper price, the response I got was " I am the owner of the motel and I over-ride the price given". I was not very happy about this, but as it was the nearest motel to the ekka, I felt like I had no choice but to stay there :(. If I ever go back to the ekka I know where I won't be staying

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family