“Below Average” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 133 Specialty Lodging in Brisbane
Peregian Beach
“Below Average”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The only thing the Parkview has going for it is it's in a good location. We booked a Studio Apartment for one night and that's all I could have done. The rooms are very old and very dated, the decor is below average - the nicest furniture was the $40 Bunnings small table and 2 chairs set on the very small balcony. Bad bed and pillows but at least it was a King Size. We checked in after office hours (Saturday afternoon) and had no problem getting our key out of the safe but no instructions or access through the gate into to the carpark so had to drive around until we found a park on the street.
The park across the road looks nice but it's full of "locals" sitting around drinking and then fighting so the police were around all night.
The only other positive thing is it's close to a little hub of restaurants and coffee shops but again the area is a bit dodgy.
Had very little interaction with the management but when I did they were nice and helpful.
Overall it's definitely not for us and didn't represent good value, the whole environment is old and quite depressing.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Terri S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pune
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a good option for long term stay. I was on a business trip and stayed here for 10 days.
Our office was at 10 min walking distance so was okay with me.
There are lot of variety of restaurants nearby and grocery store as well. Only thing is, this is away from downtown and all the fun which is in downtown on weekends. It takes 20-25 min to walk to downtown.
The swimming pool was closed for some reason.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thorold, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I just returned from a 4 weeks stay at the Parkview Appartments. It was lovely and I would not hesitate to go back anytime. The hosts, Jon and Janine, were really helpful. They answered all my questions by email prior to my stay promptly and clearly. They were equally helpful once I was there. They also arranged for my airport transfer which was fantastic. The location is great and the apartment complex is great. It is clean and well maintained as are the apartments. My one bedroom was spacious and had everything I needed for a comfortable stay. If one wants to cook, as I did, all pots and pans are there for you as well as dishes. There is a cooking and oven range in the apartment as well as an electric bbq in the inside court. The fridge is also a regular size one with a freezer in case you are staying longer and want to use it. Grocery and liquor stores are nearby for you to stock up. The apartments have balconies, one of which has a little set with chairs and a table. Very enjoyable. Units are equipped with air conditioning and ceiling fans. My apartment was also equipped with a washer/dryer. The washer worked perfectly fine. The bed was firm and comfortable and the living room area was also good. The stools at the counter were a bit uncomfortable if this is what one was using to eat dinner (which is what I did).
The whole complex felt really safe as it was gated. I would only recommend that an extra bolt lock of some sort be installed on the apartment doors for the single traveller who might be concerned.
The complex also has a pool. I used it a few times. I was quite happy that it was non-chorinated water (I have allergies to chlorine and other strong chemicals). So this was perfect for me.
I very highly recommend this accomodation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that gives on the inner court for a quieter setting (although the neighborhood is ver...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Just a short walk from South Brisbane station it is well located for the Art a Gallery and Con. The rooms were clean and tidy. Basic wifi was provided free. The staff friendly and helpful. I stayed for a conference and was very happy with this place. I would come back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

After reading the other reviews regarding the Parkview Apartments in Brisbane, I started to wonder, if in fact we were staying in the same place. Yes the owners are extremely friendly when you check in, the property is in a great location, just a short walk to the Brisbane Convention Centre and the room was very clean (although, the air freshener used by housekeeping was somewhat overpowering), but thats where any level of quality ended. We stayed in a 'Studio Apartment', certainly not the worst place we have ever stayed, but close.

The room faced onto a side street and was incredibly noisy, especially first thing in the morning, noise from other rooms and the corridor was also very loud. The room itself is old, dated and very tired, the fixtures and fittings were reflective of a cheap 'Budget' style room from the 1980's, which is a far cry from the '4 star' self rated status this property has given itself on the the major booking sites. The entry door doesnt seal and allows light (from the corridor) to shine into the room all night. The bed was horrible, one of the worst I have ever slept on, pillows are average and I wonder if the proprietors have ever tried to iron a business shirt on a small bench top ironing board, let alone without any real bench space!

There are limited power outlets in the room, certainly none accessible near the bed to charge a phone over night There is a bench top in a dark corner that in not comfortable to work at. Overall the room is not ideally suited to a corporate traveler.

The 'kitchenette' consists of a small microwave located above the sink there is a dual electric hotplate stored in the cupboard under the sink, along with an old frypan and saucepan, the hotplate is like the room old, dated and very tired. The utentials are not located in a draw but in a ceramic jar on the very small 'kitchenette bench', there is no exhaust fan so i would suspect cooking would cause problems with smells, I guess thats why the air freshener is over powering.

I mentioned to the housekeeper that the bed was terribly uncomfortable and was politely informed " yeah this is the only bed on the the bottom floor that hasnt been changed", not something you want to hear when you have just had two of the worst nights sleep in your life.
Sadly, our experience of the Parkview Apartments in Brisbane was not enjoyable and does not represent good value at all.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, dont book a 'Studio' apartment, bring ear plugs! Try to book a roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed here for a week during a conference. First time to Brisbane and this was a great find. Really large apartment, conveniently located within walking distance to fantastic restaurants, the convention centre and train station. Clean and secure property, friendly hosts. Would definitely stay here again if in Brisbane.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were attending a conference at the Convention Centre so we wanted somewhere close but not a hotel. WHen booking I felt it was a bit of a gamble as the photos on its website seemed quite dated but we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived.
THe 1 Bedroom apartment was very spacious and had everything you needed. We were able to go back to the apartment at meal breaks and cook (Coles supermarket is just up the road) which saved us a lot of money and meant we didn't have to resort to take-away all the time.

We stayed in apartment 30 which was great - the only thing that was strange was the height of the shower head. I am 5'6" and couldn't get my head under it!!! (THey also charge you a hefty credit card fee)
Overall was a very good experience

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business