“OK, if needing to catch an early plane”

Novotel Brisbane Airport
Ranked #41 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed at the Novotel waiting to transfer to a flight in the early morning. The place was comfortable and had all amenities required but it is a fair way away from any real life. Woollies across the road was a good cheap breakfast provision option. There is a shuttle service between airports which is pretty good value but for some odd reason you must pay in cash. I suppose as a airport hotel it serves its purpose well but a cab ride further away but not necessarily into Brisbane central (try Eagle Farm) is probably a cheaper better value option with a little more atmosphere

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
GMBrisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Dodger52,

Thank you for your review and feedback of our hotel.

I’m pleased you found the hotel convenient for your early flight out of the airport. We work hard to ensure our guests receive value for money during their stay and I’m sorry this was not the case. I will certainly take your feedback into consideration.

I hope you had an enjoyable trip.

Alex Penklis

Write a ReviewReviews (2,236)

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is a very good airport hotel, only stayed overnight in between flights which would be the same for 98% of the occupants I would imagine, $5 per person for the bus transfer, quick and efficient check in and out, modern spacious, quiet clean room. only had a snack in the restaurant but the meals I saw coming out looked good, overall good experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul F

Dear Paul F,

Thanks so much for your fantastic review of our hotel.

It was a pleasure to read your comments and I’m pleased you had such a good experience overall.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we hope to welcome you back to Novotel Brisbane Airport.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night and were very disappointed, considering the cost of the room. The bed would rank as one of the most uncomfortable I’ve ever slept in, and we have stayed in many hotels around the world. I think from memory the brand of mattress was a Seally, but it must have been the very bottom of the range to be that uncomfortable. The hotel restaurant was fine for dinner, but also expensive. The hotel also has a secure carpark – at a cost of $15 per night. I can’t comment on the breakfast, as the $284 room price didn’t include breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mnp96
GMBrisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear mnp96,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay at our hotel.

I am very sorry to hear about the bed in your room; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the disruption to your sleep. I have advised our Housekeeping Manager who will inspect the beds in all rooms and consider replacements.

I hope we have the opportunity to provide a better sleep on your next travels through Brisbane.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GMBrisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Reviewed December 17, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Although a little pricey, this was the only hotel close to the airport with a 24hr desk service. So if you just want a quick transfer from airport to room this is the place to go! I was in my room less than 15mins from passing thru arrives on a late night flight.
Comfortable, modern room with all the usual services (wifi etc). Large shopping mall adjacent to hotel with additional services.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear _forevergreen_Uk,

Thank you for reviewing you recent stay at our hotel.

Great to see you had such a quick trip from arrivals to your room. It doesn't get much more convenient than that.

I hope you had an amazing visit to Australia and hope to welcome you back on future travels.

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in between flights. Location is great, across from dfo shopping outlet, there is also a 24 hr woolworths and coffee club to purchase food (we made a quick trip to woollies for some bread and snacks rather than pay for the very expensive restaurant or room service options). Room itself was good, reasonably spacious with well equipped bathroom. Check in staff were helpful in allowing us a late check out. Several things left a bad taste in our mouths though- firstly we paid $250 for one night which is pretty expensive. For that price you would expect a high level of services, such as wifi, airport shuttle, proper milk in the fridge for your coffee etc. unfortunately, the shuttle to the airport only runs until 9 am so anytime after that you have to get a cab. That was frustrating as it was one reason we chose to stay- seems silly to only have a shuttle for a Couple of hours as people fly all day long. Also, if you want to use wifi, be prepared to pay the most exorbitant amount I have ever seen in all my travels- $12.50 for 2 hours or $25 for a day. Really? After we paid $250 to stay?? I think that is really quite unreasonable especially considering most hotels have complimentary wifi these days. In summary, good location but in the future we will pay the extra for a cab into town and stay there and keep my money for shopping instead!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank aussietotandtravellers

Dear aussietotandtravellers,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comprehensive review of our hotel.

I’m pleased to see you found our guest rooms to be spacious and well equipped, and I hope you enjoyed a comfortable night’s sleep before your flight out. Thank you also for your comments about our reception staff, this is greatly appreciated and has been shared with them.

I am disappointed to read your comments about our pricing and inclusions. Our pricing is based on supply and demand at Brisbane Airport and we work hard to ensure our guests receive great value for money during their time with us. I will certainly discuss your feedback with our management team and take your comments into consideration.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you had a comfortable onwards flight.