I have stayed at a few Novotel's around various parts of the globe and the Brisbane one did not disappoint. I was initially skeptical about the location, however as my partner's employers had booked the hotel, we didn't have much of a choice in where we stayed.
I was only at the hotel for a few nights and as I didn't know that the was easy access to shops and transport, I had resigned myself to having to stay in the room and read books for the duration of the short stay, but I very quickly found that the location was actually perfect for a bit of shopping at the DFO outlet which was only 800 metres or so from the hotel, and also was easily accessible to transport. The shopping complex across the road also housed a Dan Murphy's liquor store as well as a chemist, Woolworths, Bakery and 2 coffee shops so it gave me the option to buy food and beverages outside of the hotel but still within very close proximity to the hotel.
The hotel is actually a lot easier to get to than I assumed as you can catch the free T-Bus from either the domestic or international airport, and from the bus stop drop off point, its a short 500 metre stroll to the hotel. Buses arrive & depart ever 20 minutes and its only about 10 minutes drive to the domestic airport & sky train link up; if you want to go into Brisbane city or other places within Brisbane or the Gold Coast, you can catch the free T-Bus back to either airport and catch the sky train from there. Alternatively you can catch a local bus into one of the closer outer suburbs of Brisbane which is still very close to the city.
Both room service and the hotel restaurant serve great meals and are reasonably priced. There were only 2 things that caused me to raise an eyebrow during my stay:
1. there were no doona/ quilt covers on the bed. the beds had a standard flat sheet and then a loose sheet that sat over the doona/ quilt and acted as a pseudo bed spread cover. I found this really strange and have never been to a hotel where doona/ quilts were left completely 'naked' on a bed. its a small picky thing however I would have expected doona/ quilt covers on a hotel which is relatively expensive to stay in.
2. room attendants are quite quick to knock and enter a room without giving guests much of a chance to get themselves together before the attendant enters. the first time it happened, i was actually in the shower which is in the entry way. Thankfully I had shut the door to the bathroom however it was unsettling that the person that came to check the mini-bar proceeded to enter and exit the room several times while I was in the shower with the water running - which they would definitely have heard. The bathroom door didn't have a lock so my only consolation was that I assumed the attendant was female. The second time I was lying on the bed reading and before i could get up and open the door, the attendant had walked into the room. i understand that you can put a ' do not disturb' on the door, however when you are waiting for your room to be cleaned, you expect more than 1 second notice before an attendant walks in after knocking so that you can throw a robe on if necessary.
All in all, a good stay and i wouldn't have a problem staying here again - especially if its just for a short stop over in between flights where you still want the choice of a bit of shopping without having to go into the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally positioned as the only accommodation available within the Brisbane Airport precinct, the property is conveniently located in between the Gateway Arterial roads and adjacent to the DFO Shopping Centre. Featuring 157 modern rooms and suites, state of the art conference facilities, restaurant and bar, 24 hour reception and room service, and a large rooftop heated swimming pool. All rooms are stylish and tastefully decorated, offer air conditioning, work desk, mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities and LCD TV. Catalina Restaurant and Bar serves contemporary Australian cuisine and features a stylish bar with separate lounge area. For your relaxation the hotel offers a massage service, gymnasium overlooking the action of the airport, sauna and magnificent roof top relaxation terrace with glass sided lap pool. Explore the nearby attractions like the excitement of Eagle Farm and Doomben Race Courses, the city’s grandest extravaganzas at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre and the exclusive dining and shopping precinct at Portside Wharf and Cruise Terminal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Brisbane Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Brisbane Airport Hotel Brisbane