“NO PROMBLEM”

Novotel Brisbane Airport
Ranked #36 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I know you would only stay here because you had a late or early flight however having come from the Sheraton Mirage this room was half the size and overlooking a dull landscape. Rooms were tiny so I am not sure if I was in a smaller room than other reviewers but I had paid a lot more for this room that the Sheraton? I have stayed at Novotel Airport hotels in London and Auckland (bez) and this cannot be compared. Roof top pool was freezing and there are no sun beds/lounges to lie on at all so not inviting for myself to go up there to sit whilst the kids play.

Staff were very nice - check in / out and others we saw were friendly and helpful. I would say good place for a quick sleep over but even then it isnt THAT close to the airport and now with the new tunnel it is only about 10 mins closer than all the other hotels. I would have rated this hotel much higher if the price matched the quality - this was our most expensive night on our trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GMBrisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear magchick,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at Novotel Brisbane Airport.

I’m happy to hear that our team provided friendly and helpful service. Your feedback and comments about our hotel facilities is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.

We hope you enjoyed your holiday overall.

Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We arrived late and were charged the premium rate. We have stayed at five star hotels for almost the same rate. However, when we arrived we had to listen to the booking clerk trying to sell us the hotel chains priority club benefits and we were also asked if we would fill out a review that would be sent to us by email after our stay.

As I mentioned we arrived late and were tired so when we finally got to our room and went to have a shower there were no towels. I phoned the reception and informed them we had no towels the reponse was 'Excellent' from the clerk at the desk. I did not find that funny...I found it very unprofessional. We had only travelled around 30 minutes to the hotel. I'm sure someone who had arrived after a long flight may not have found it funny either. Anyhow 15 minutes later our towels arrived.

The next day we went to leave the underground car park and the hotel key did not open the boom gate. They did deduct the $10 security parking fee after I complained of having to get out in the rain and put the room key in the entry boom gate slot. We had to leave via the entry.

As other reviewers have said it is overpriced for what you get and I would only stay there if I had no other alternatives.

The emailed review has not arrived, so maybe they don't send the email to guests who make complaints about the level of service they receive but only to those who don't make complaints. This might be interrupted as they may not want to improve their hotel standards or are putting their heads in the sand by knowing that they have a monopoly at Brisbane airport.

1 Thank Ellie777
Dear Ellie777,

Thank you for taking the time to review Novotel Brisbane Airport.

I’m very sorry to hear of the issues you experienced during your stay. It is certainly not acceptable for our reception team members to respond in such a way and we have addressed this with the team. We have now fixed the car park boom gate and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

We pride ourselves on our high service standards and do not manipulate guest feedback and ratings in any way. Bookings are tagged on arrival to receive the Accor guest survey and we are not able to change this. Our system however does not send feedback forms to all guests.

I would appreciate the opportunity to investigate further and discuss with you in person. If convenient please call me directly on 07 3175 3168.

charleville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had one night here before we flew out the next day. Is in a great convenient spot to the airport. Unsure of cost as it was paid for by my work. Very clean, great helpful staff, excellent breakfast in great surroundings. Excellent to access DFO as well. Room was great. Tiles can be slippery so just be careful when in the bathroom if they are wet.

Dear Finnmum,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Novotel Brisbane Airport before your flight out of Brisbane Airport.

I enjoyed reading your comments and am pleased that you had a great stay with us. I will share your feedback about our helpful staff amongst the team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Mackay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

This hotel offers the best of everything, I was concerned when I first stayed that being an Airport Hotel it would be very basic but I was very wrong! From the rooms, service, restuarant and room service everything is perfect and a great way to end a holiday !

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Terro75,

Thanks so much for your review of Novotel Brisbane Airport.

Your kind words and feedback is greatly appreciated and its fantastic to hear you had a nice holiday and we were able to provide a warm welcome home.

We hope you will have the opportunity to return soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

No choice but to stay here because of it location very expensive for what you get but in saying that the rooms are large and spacious shop around for the cheap nights. The concierge was helpful as the pillows we had on the bed are useless the tv needed reprogramming so we seen a lot of him. Over all not to bad but like I said very dear !!!!

Room Tip: Shop around for room prices
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Duff1957,

Thank you for taking the time to review Novotel Brisbane Airport.

I’m pleased to hear that you found our rooms spacious and our concierge team very helpful during your stay.

Your feedback and comments are appreciated and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was unpleasantly surprised by the quality and condition of the bed in our room. I have stayed in two other Novotels, in London by the airports there, and they had high quality beds in good condition.I expect that from hotels in that price class. In the Brisbane Airport Novotel, the mattress was sagging. It was visually evident as well as very uncomfortable. We arrived late after a flight from Singapore, and had to get up at 5am to catch our connection so I was too exhausted to go through the rigamarole of phoning reception and complaining to get a new room assignment. I did report the condition of the bed at check out in the morning, and the employee's comment was, "Oh, we have more mattresses in the basement, I will ask housekeeping to replace it." So, my question is, - when I am paying a premium price for a comfortable room near the airport in order to have a good night's sleep, why isn't Novotel making sure that the bed is in excellent condition? What about quality control, Novotel?

Room Tip: ask for a new bed
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Robin-was-here
Dear robinleeschiff,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay at Novotel Brisbane Airport.

I’m very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the condition of the bed in your room. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the discomfort and any disruption to your sleep.

Our housekeeping department conducts regular quality checks of all guest rooms. We had identified that some of the beds were no longer in excellent condition and were in the process of replacing them, waiting for the new mattresses to arrive. I apologise that our reception team member did not communicate the correct information to you.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I hope that you will have the opportunity to stay on another occasion where I am sure you will have a comfortable nights sleep.

Best Regards,