“Very Disapointed and would not recommend”

Chermside Court Motel
Ranked #122 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed at Chermside Court Motel for 5 nights, I booked about 6 weeks in advance I was supposed to get a twin deluxe room with reverse cycle air con, etc...while I admit the room was clean, their was no reverse cycle air con, there was a tiny fan heater which my daughter n I did not feel safe to leave on over night, they state FREE wifi but don't go there for that as I did we were lucky to get online for 2 mins a day the signal was very weak, the bathroom was tiny and my daughter even found it too small, I would definitely NOT recommend this motel, I went down to ask to check out after my 12 yr old and I spending our first freezing night here ( as we didn't get the reverse cycle air con as stated and considering we were staying 5 nights thought they would be more considerate) but as we were booked in for 4 more days we were told we would lose money if we checked out early, I did not think this was fair considering we did not get what we were supposed to get...they did give us two thin blankets extra but they were not much help. We stay in motels about 6 or more times a year and this one was definitely the most disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Trish C

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Being American, we typically can find good hotels for travel/business for around $100 a night, and find a spacious room, indoor access, free wifi, and free breakfest.
**you can hardly find anything similiar in Australia.
So if i adjust my standards, Chermside Court Motel actually is a decent place to stay.
Parking is limited, but the rooms are spacious (bathrooms are small), and the beds are decently comfortable. The wifi in the rooms is weak, but can get access in the loby just outside the rooms.
It also is a quick walk to the shopping centre in Chermisde, and not too far of a drive from Downtown Brisbane.
So while this hotel in the states would run for $50 a night, in Australia, i have found this to be an acceptable motel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HuskerFan2009
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Our first impression of the room was fairly disappointing and we really didn't wish to stay there, the room was very dated but we did recognize that for the price the room wasn't going to be flashy! The bathroom was the worst part of the stay, not only was it tiny, the shower was small and dirty. The tiles were covered in mould which scraped off when rubbed with a finger so certainly could have been removed easily with bleach, which made us question just how well the facilities had been cleaned. There were only 2 towels provided, no facewashers or hand towels and the soap was a liquid dispenser that smelt like aftershave. The dining chairs were dirty and one was ripped. The positive was a great bed, very comfortable but overall we found the room dirty and in need of a good clean, particularly the bathroom. We felt this wasn't a 3 1/2 star establishment and that the rate would be better priced at $90 per night. Ok for a 1 night stay but we didn't wish to stay any longer.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank TDK_32
Reviewed December 3, 2011

For me the highlight of my stay here was the fantastic bed - I had a great night's sleep. Also, it isn't too far from the airport (15 minute drive?), and close to a Westfield so the location is pretty good depending on what you need to do in Brisbane. However, while the bed and TV were quite modern, the mint green 70's decor in the rest of the room certainly did not appeal me. And though the staff were friendly and reliable, the sign in the room indicating there was a $35 charge for any dirty cutlery in the room detracted from the hospitality. Overall not a bad little motel, but I am not eager to go back there either.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank TeamTam
Reviewed May 20, 2011

This place was in a lovely quiet street with a nice leafy outlook. Can't say that I hated this place, it's decorated with a modern (budget) look and spacious with a balcony. Everything was clean ... on the first day... but daily cleaning was a bit lacking. Floors stayed unvaccumed for the entire stay and when they made the bed it was literally just pulling up the cover... not even the sheets were pulled back up .. leaving the bed a lumpy mess. They have a microwave and crockery, but you have to pay $35 if you fail to wash them up when you leave. The website highlights in red that it has wireless internet. It connects, but the signal is too weak. The owner had no idea about operating the internet and I don't think he really cared too much if customers got it or not. Phone calls are charged at 77c for a local call. There are none of those little touches you enjoy at a motel. No pool, no dining room (though you can order a TV dinner for $10 to microwave in your room) and no shampoo/conditioner. The shower gel is one of those dispenser types. Smelt nice enough, but no lather. You get plenty of UH milks and biscuits. There are no "do not disturb" signs either.. so just a litlte hint. Put the latch on the door when you're there. You never know when the owner decides to walk in (without knocking!!). There are a couple of car spaces, but if you miss out you may find yourself packed a long way down a narrow street. As I said, I didn't hate the place, it was close enough to Chermside Shops to not take the car, and very convenient to Prince Charles Hospital. The price ($120 per night) for what you get (or don't get) is over inflated. For an extra $10 you can get a hotel room in the city with glorious river views, proper kitchen, seperate bedroom.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MissDLee
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Quiet motel off the main Highway by only one block but close to westfield shopping centre and Prince Charles, Hoy Spirit Hospitals.
Nothing is too much trouble, great management

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo