“Great service”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Visited with my family from overseas after recommendation to try the duck. Great food and certainly value for money!!!! Had a feast (sweet and sour pork was a fav) and enjoyed a lovely night out in the heart of Chinatown.

2  Thank cheekyvic
There are newer reviews for Yee Foong Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Small Chinese Eatery opposite Chinatown mall on Wickham. Have been to lunch twice here. Both times the restaurant was empty and the place doesn't look as flash as others. This place makes up for points with service though. Best customer service I had to date! The food was still good valuefor money but close competitors sstill offer more. The food was nice but pretty basic. I'll definitely be back on adhoc basis for lunch.

2  Thank Shawn B
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I first visited this small canteen style restaurant as part of an office lunch. We had a fantastic feed including peking duck, BBQ pork and salt and pepper tofu - yum! We were all blown away by the friendly service and the good value.
I couldn't wait to take my partner there for dinner and we weren't disappointed. Love the dumplings too!
Ignore the crazy negative comments. It's true that this place supplies A LOT of places with duck and pork so they know what they're doing. Up to you to decide if you prefer to pay more for the same thing!

1  Thank Rona_Hayes
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Still the best after many many years of going there. Amazing dumplings, Peking duck and roast pork. They supply to the larger restaurants across the road who mark up the price. Yee Foong is highly recommended!!

2  Thank Dannoh81
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I lived in Hong Kong for 23 years and never felt more at home with the food I ate last night at dinner.We were immediately welcomed by the owners; a lovely old couple - who turns out were left Hong Kong 30 years ago! They have owned Yee Foong for 30 years, working 7 days a week. Everything from the menu, tea and Cantonese (can also speak English) speaking owners made me feel like I was in the middle of HK city. We ordered some Roast Duck, Chill Salt Squid, 1 Pork Stiry Fry and a Chinese classic; the Ma Po Tofu. The food was authentic with great seasoning spices to create full flavor. The plain decor is very common is restaurants like this in HK that have been there for many years.

4  Thank Peeekingduck