“Could hardly fault 'em”
Review of Deery's Restaurant

Deery's Restaurant
Ranked #301 of 4,635 Restaurants in Brisbane
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The celebrated Deery’s Restaurant & Smokehouse at the Story Bridge Hotel is a feast for the senses. Its rich and warm hardwood finishes complement a menu that indulges all lovers of exceptional cuisine. Deery’s is renowned for its suite of signature steaks including John Dee Gold Grain Fed from Warwick, Cape Grim from Tasmania and Rangers Valley Beef that are all cut and prepared on-site. Deery’s chefs are inspired by the finest quality cuts of beef and fresh ingredients. Their culinary skills are without question and they are diverse. Deery’s cuisine is consciously designed to whet all palates with first class seafood, lamb and poultry taking a prominent place on seasonal menus. The Deery’s Wine Room is a showstopper. Established in 2004 there are more than 100 local and international wines to choose from, many of which can’t be found anywhere else in Brisbane. Open and spacious, yet still remaining intimate, Deery’s provides an outstanding environment for couples, families, small and large groups. It is a highly-regarded venue for corporate and business gatherings. There’s no other dining venue in Brisbane quite like Deery’s Restaurant & Smokehouse. If it is fine food, drink and a festive spirit that you are looking for, then you will be in your element here.
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed in the Kangaroo Pointa area for business and ate here on 2 occasions being close to the accomodation I was provided.

On all occasions the staff were very friendly, tried to be efficient and their knowledge of the menu was good. On top of that there service very professional. I think a more mature lady - Ann? Her service was the best there!

The wine list and beverages were reasonably priced and the decor, kinda like a formal bar.

It is the food however, that I was most impressed with. Their natural oysters were fresh and came with a very nice vinegar type dressing (should you choose). The seafood pasta didn't have enough bug pieces (2 and literally bite size) but the prawns were fantastic and juicy. The flavours worked very well also.

Another night I tried their lamb shoulder. One of the best I've ever had! I just loved the way they mixed the quinoa with pine nuts, raisins and harissa. Such a beautiful accompaniment to go down with the meat. I wasn't sure if it would work but the acidity balanced almost perfectly for me. A must try for those wanting something different!

Prices aren't the cheapest and yes the food at first glance does remind you of a tavern but it is only when you eat it and reflect that you appreciate the amount of process and flavours that goes in so all in all, very good value when you consider that.

There are newer reviews for Deery's Restaurant

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were staying nearby and decided on Deery's the first night we were staying in Kangaroo Point. I chose the Eye Fillet and hubby the Wagyu Skirt. Both were cooked to perfection. The price was reasonable for what we got. The staff were great as was the atmosphere. We highly recommend Deery's for a high quality meal.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Went to Deery's as it was close to where we were staying. Location good as was the service, but the food was disappointing. My husband had a huge pork knuckle, which was suggested by the waiter and I had veal with a mushroom gravy sauce. There was a small amount of liquid on the veal, but it was dried up, probably whilst waiting for the pork knuckle to cook. I asked for some lemon to give it some flavour. In hindsight we should have gone for steak.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Good steak, excellent service. nice location and easy to get to within walking didtance of mose of the appartmnts there. the service was excellent and fast, we were tired fron out day and needed a good steak so very happy with everything we had there.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Amazing food/service and wine!
Always our favourite place to eat in Brisbane.
Steaks were great and love the Pepper Jack red wine!
Living back in Manchester now and miss it!
Want to move back ASAP- fingers crossed for a lotto win
Go eat and enjoy!!!