“Deserves a second chance”
Review of Deery's Restaurant

Deery's Restaurant
Ranked #307 of 4,687 Restaurants in Brisbane
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The celebrated Deery’s Restaurant & Smokehouse at the Story Bridge Hotel is a feast for the senses. Its rich and warm hardwood finishes complement a menu that indulges all lovers of exceptional cuisine. Deery’s is renowned for its suite of signature steaks including John Dee Gold Grain Fed from Warwick, Cape Grim from Tasmania and Rangers Valley Beef that are all cut and prepared on-site. Deery’s chefs are inspired by the finest quality cuts of beef and fresh ingredients. Their culinary skills are without question and they are diverse. Deery’s cuisine is consciously designed to whet all palates with first class seafood, lamb and poultry taking a prominent place on seasonal menus. The Deery’s Wine Room is a showstopper. Established in 2004 there are more than 100 local and international wines to choose from, many of which can’t be found anywhere else in Brisbane. Open and spacious, yet still remaining intimate, Deery’s provides an outstanding environment for couples, families, small and large groups. It is a highly-regarded venue for corporate and business gatherings. There’s no other dining venue in Brisbane quite like Deery’s Restaurant & Smokehouse. If it is fine food, drink and a festive spirit that you are looking for, then you will be in your element here.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Unfortunately, on the night I went, there was a function going on in the main restaurant and diners were only able to occupy tables on the veranda. The steaks came highly recommended but I was disappointed with mine. It was not cooked rare as requested nor was the quality of the meat as good as I had hoped it would be. I requested for a change of accompanying side dish as I did not like the one that came with my cut of steak. Our server said it could be done but probably forgot to inform the kitchen. As we had already waited ages for the food to arrive, I did not bother to point this out and have it changed. Service was slow and the staff did not seem like they could cope with having an ongoing event as well as regular diners. As this place is an institution and was recommended by more than one local friend, I would like to give it another go.

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

This was such a great dining experience. Steaks to die for. Loved everything about the venue, food and service, especially the fabulous Jonathon.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This would have to be one of the best restaurant's I have been to. The food was amazing! The steak was cooked to perfection and the drinks were well priced. The service was the best in Brisbane I have had and it felt like they actually wanted to talk to you.
I highly reccommend Deery's

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We needed a restaurant where 4 of us could have a celebratory but casual dinner. Deery's certainly met the mark. Staff were friendly engaging and provided great service. We decided on sharing our choices and chef certainly came good. Even a request to slice the perfectly cooked rare rib was no trouble as we grazed our way though our dishes. The beans and sugar snaps were like little sweets.
A glass or two of a nice shiraz or a Stone and Wood on tap for he who thinks he must be obeyed rounded it out.
At the end of the night the bill was less than expected and great value for the fun and good food we were able to enjoy.
So a definite recommendation .

Reviewed April 9, 2013

One of the best steak houses in Brisbane, and fantastic value for money. Great selection of meats and cooked to perfection. Make sure to try their beer battered chips! Also has excellent seafood and vegetarian choices for the rest of the family.

A great selection of wine is available - staff are very helpful in recommending something to match your meal or tastebuds.

I keep coming back here whenever I'm in Brisbane!

TO GET THERE: A brief walk if you're staying in Kangaroo Point. Otherwise, a nice stroll along the promenade and over the Story Bridge - a great spot to get panoramic shots of the city.