“Magnifique”
Review of C'est bon

C'est bon
Reserve with
C'est bon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 4,325 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magnifique”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came here on date night.

This lovely little restaurant is gorgeous. I loved how Chic it all was. It had a very cosy feel with enough sophistication to set the tone of the evening. It would be fair to say, you feel like you are privileged to taste France.

The food was lovely - quintessential French cuisine. Every bite, a delight to the senses. i savoured each and every bite and eagerly anticipated the next course. The only disappointment was the soufflé - too much egg.

The wine recommended perfectly complimented the meal.

The service was just what was required. I was able to brush up on my French again. I believe we had the pleasure of being attended by the proprietress. She was hospitable, accommodating and all one would expect of a brand ambassador. But most especially her hospitality was genuine.

I have no hesitation recommending this restaurant.

I look forward to returning.

• Visited January 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“A real letdown”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Four of us were visiting from Melbourne for a few days and booked C'est bon for a special birthday dinner on the recommendation of a work colleague. Bad move! One of our party usually loves escargots, but judged C'est bon's version as dreadful, not at all fresh. The scallops were delicate and tasty, but overpriced at $21 for 3 scallops. For mains the lamb and fish were good, but the canard a l'orange, which 2 of us chose, was very overcooked. Desserts were the best - the passionfruit soufflé in particular was excellent. I ordered crème brulee, but was presented with crème caramel. The crème brulee, when eventually served, was nice and crunchy on the outside and rich on the inside. The poached pear was good, but towards the end the balloon glass it was served in cracked and a piece of the glass fell out - potentially very dangerous. On top of everything else, the restaurant was freezing so several patrons were sitting in their coats throughout the meal. Very disappointing evening!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Cheryl S
“french at its best!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

my first proper french dining was made perfect - escargots were juicy and cooked in a very flavourful way. duck l'orange was crispy on the outside and tender inside therefore highly recommended. creme brulee was superb but crepe suzette a little too sour for my liking. restaurant was cosy and upclass french-style in my opinion which sets the mood for a perfect dinner date coupled with select french vinos. thumbs up to c'est bon!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank JasmineLimHL
Brisbane, Australia
“Hard to get in, harder to leave.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been trying to get into this restaurant for over a year but it is always booked. Now I have dined there I know why. I rang 6pm Friday night, as I have done a few times just on the off chance someone may have cancelled. They had, so we took their table for them.

Such a non descript position in Woolloongabba is off puttng for many Bne diners who expect a top class French restaurant to be in a "place". For us though, it is typically French, in the sense that in Paris at least, the best places are discovered little joints hidden away, that demand to be found and then reward the effort.

Once inside though it is warm, bustling, noisy with diner's chatting away in their own world. The waiters are all very attentive and I loved being advised about the French wines and expanding my limited knowledge of them. The four of us ended up with two bottles of Burgundy, one which we thought was great (that Aussie palate).

I had a perfect canard a'la orange (duck orange), succulent, moist, ample and crispy skin. I also enjoyed the degustation entree plate which just made the entree decision so easy. Snails, terrine, scallops and a couple of other things I forget now. Just sensational, and perfect.

My wife's bouillbasse was not the soup based seafood she was expecting, but these are always a matter of personal taste. It was certainly cooked to perfection. Daughter's lamb delighted her and Son just wanted to see if the baguette was as free flowing at C'est Bon as the eating houses of Paris. It is, if you ask.

This is a place to keep space for dessert, well presented, beautiful taste. I stayed with the orange theme and enjoyed the crepe suzette, though with a smaller bottle with a more honey flavoured wine.

The service here was very good. Very busy but taking the time. Personal touches were displayed and appreciated. Clearly the staff love their customers to engage, to ask questions, to be educated and to enjoy. We certainly did and if I can get in, will become a regular.

Our kids are adult (so they say), so I cant rate on the children aspect.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Craige G
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Went on Saturday night. Busy, but great service and food. Definitely be back another time. Love the desserts, so traditional.

• Visited May 2013