“Back again and again and again”
Review of C'est bon

C'est bon
Ranked #105 of 4,661 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Arrived in Brisbane and checked into my hotel! Unfortunately I only make it here once in a while and this time it wasn't for business! I have told my partner about this little french restaurant in Woolloongabba, right between the german butcher and the australian pub on Stanley street.
It is so nice to enter a restaurant after booking a table only 30min and being greeted with a big smile and a friendly 'Bonjour'! This goes a long way! First glimpse at the menu and it changed a bit! Not in price surprisingly, but some of the dishes! All the best dishes stayed, like the duck and some of the entrees, but a lot new to see. Exciting and so hard to choose from, everything just sounds good!
I will not rap about how good it was or how friendly the staff was that night, but overall it was again an amazing experiences! Just so french!
We travel a lot and have been for years and still trying to find a french restaurant in Australia to match this one! I am from Melbourne by the way and we got a few good once there too!
Thank you team from C'est Bon to make our night special again! You sure will see us again next time we are coming to Brisbane, business or leisure!

A little note to the past couple of reviews:

Mrspowerhunter: not sure which restaurant you have been to, but this one does not serve sandwiches and has no outside seating, so you might like to check again the name of the restaurant you have been to.

ByronDavid: very constructive criticism. By the sounds of it, very well travelled and not the biggest understanding or experience on french dining! Or maybe you aswell got the restaurant name wrong.

Don't be discouraged by the past reviews, it does not reflect anything of what you are doing at C'est Bon. Keep on growing and changing things! By the way, we loved the new room upstairs ( the red room)! I will book it next time I am over with some colleagues of mine!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

For a lunch I was really looking for more than sandwiches, quiche, and deserts. The sandwich I did have was really quite ordinary and the hot chocolate was certainly not to my liking but I am super uneducated in regards to how a french hot chocolate is prepared. The deserts looked quite tempting and I will venture back with plans to try several in an indulgent splurge, but I must admit I was expecting a lot more.
The tables seem to be quite popular and my friend who arrived early had trouble keeping my seat available. However I suspect this has more to do with location opposed to popularity. The venue itself is mostly quiet, open and airy, and even when it was busy I didn't notice excessive noise or crowds.

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

If u r a French foodie, don't bother, food was very average, if u have never had French food u might think it was ok, service was very good

Reviewed November 14, 2012

What should have been a great French experience which the setting and food was, on this occasion, was spoiled by a very unfriendly waiter who was not at all helpful with the selection and serving of wines or food.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have been there for lunch and there were a fixed menu. Loved cremme brulee! Good food and excellent service from French staff!