“Worst Service Ever!”

Salt
Ranked #806 of 4,294 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Service Ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Worst service I have EVER received. We came in for breakfast this morning with my 2 children who are 2 and 3 years old. We watched as 3 other tables came in after we had ordered, got coffee, got their meals and left while we were there waiting. When I asked a waiter where our meals were, he came back and said our meals would be 3 minutes. 20 minutes later our meals arrived. I appreciate you are busy, but there was NO offer to compensate us for forgetting us for over an hour, and the waiter lied to me and said our order got stuck behind a large table - hate to tell you but that "large table" arrived AFTER we had ordered. Appalling. I used to refer people here all the time for breakfast, NEVER again!

• Visited March 2014

“Lovely dinner on Patio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Lovely dinner on the patio in Rosalie. Food was delicious. We split a salad, and an entree. Plenty of food, chef did a wonderful job and presentation was nice. Reasonable cost for Australia. Food is truly simple but consistent. You won't be disappointed.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank thymefortravel
hobart
“the menu over-promises and under-delivers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

The lunchtime menu read like a good novel - exciting, different. Our group of 4 ordered the fish of the day, a chicken burger, and duck risotto. But we were sadly disappointed. The fish was very ordinary, the chicken came on one of those ghastly wooden boards which are impossible to eat from and beg the question - how do restaurants manage to keep them hygienically clean? Warning bells went off when the risotto came out about 10 minutes after ordering it. oh oh, precooked risotto. The shredded duck was in ample supply, but the whole dish too salty and over-powered by pickled walnuts. As for the service....well, a poor chap at the next table swapped his stool for a proper chair which he moved from an empty table. This earned him a stern reprimand from the waitress. Why a restaurant would expect grown ups to sit on tiny backless stools remains a mystery to me.

• Visited October 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Appetising breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Went on recommendation of a friend for Saturday breakfast. The service was good with almost as ,any young servers as diners. There were enough choices, I thought, to not spend forever deciding and the delivery was brisk. Prices typical. Street parking, or ride your bike!

Visited November 2013
“Pretty average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Visited with a friend for brekkie. Ambience and decor are nice. My piccolo was beautiful. Ordered b'stilla and my friend ordered mixed grilled but later changed to the hollumi stack.

B'stilla came out kind of unexpected. Originally meant to be a Moroccan chicken dish wrapped with filo pastry dusted with icing sugar. What came out was two squares of layered filo and chicken. The chicken filling was dry, even with the sauce and I guess they use chicken breast then minced up. Wasn't the best choice of cut for this dish. The chicken was also tasteless, where were the spices?? The eggs were beautifully poached however the few spinach leaves weren't the best quality!

My friend's hollumi stack was nice though. The sauce on it went really well with it.

After we paid and left, I realised we had paid for the mixed grilled dish instead of hollumi stack which was 6-8 bucks more as they didn't change it on the docket. Entirely our fault though...

The service was good. But I'm not sure I was that impressed by this first visit to have 2nd visit. There are so many other good places.