“Great food but not ideally suited to a wedding”
Review of Eves on the River

Eves on the River
Ranked #254 of 4,734 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Trading hours for Eves on the River are below: Thursday - Sunday Breakfast from 7.30Am Thursday - Sunday Lunch from Noon Thursday - Saturday Dinner from 5.30Pm
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was a guest at a wedding recepton held here and there was some very good aspects to the venue - firstly, the location, right on the Brisbane river is great as is the view from the restaurant. The staff were really friendly and did help make the occasion special. The pre dinner nibbles were up to the best standard I have ever experienced - they were all delicious. Entree was tasty (but small) and the meal itself was well presented and cooked beautifully. The only problems I found revolved around the fact I did not believe the venue to be ideally suited to a wedding. The sitting area is an L shaped affair and while the bride and groom are located in the corner and visible to all, the other guests only get to see half the attendance. In some ways this detracts from "everyone sharing". The dance area is round an mostly enclosed internal bar area, again not suited to full attendance by a wedding party and the sound system in mediocre at best. In summary, as a restaurant I could not fault the meals but as a wedding venue (or a venue for large numbers in a single party) I did find the location wanting.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were a party of 8 with a toddler and a baby. We had a family birthday lunch for my Mum and had a wonderful lunch. The food was lovely as was the service and the staff. I am in a wheelchair at present and they were very helpful. The family had a wonderful afternoon and the staff ensured that we did not leave our cake behind after we had been down to the boardwalk to capture this very special day with some beautiful family photos. Dinner will definitely be our next visit. Thank you for a fabulous afternoon. The family had a ball. Our toddler certainly enjoyed her lunch and the ice...

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had brunch here recently with friends...group of 5 arrived around 10.30 with no booking and got a lovely table without issue. They were very busy being a Sunday morning so believe we were lucky ! Took quite a while for anyone to actually bring us menus or table settings but once they realised we were waiting there were no problems in taking our orders and the meals came out efficiently. I had the zucchini, corn and haloumi fritters with hand cut bacon. Now i dont actually know what hand cut bacon is but it was all delicious. I usually order this type of dish for brunch wherever i go if its on the menu and must say this was the best i have had. All of my friends ordered something different and were equally happy. Its a beautiful, breezy spot on the river and well worth a visit. I found it odd that the toilets are not part of the restaurant but across a small courtyard/path but they were clean and must be maintained by the restaurant i figure. Will definitely return here if in the area as it was lovely.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My family and I decided we would make a booking for breakfast at Eves on the River. Upon our arrival how booking had been written down incorrectly so we got to stand awkwardly around our table while they organised chairs. The staff member serving us was quite unpleasant and was taking our orders on half an old scrunched up post it note, this wouldn't have been a problem if he didn't make a comment about how much we were ordering which was 4 coffee's and 4 breakfasts and that he could not fit it on his scrunched up post it note.
The food was reasonably priced however the quality was poor, I ordered the avocado salsa on toast and was shocked to see and taste that it looked and tasted just like the tubed avocado with small bits of tomato in it, this tasted just like the tubed avo in Woolworth's which is awful. Upon asking staff about the avocado they assured me it was fresh avocado however this is what I order wherever I go to breakfast and it definitely did not appear to be fresh avo... Lastly when the eggs came out on another breakfast with runny eggs which the person requested firm eggs the waited advised that he knew they were meant to be firm but I forgot to write it down. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my daughter for my birthday dinner. We love dining here because the food is always a1. Follow dinner up with a nice walk along the river boardwalk makes for a nice evening.