“Very nice place: excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Eves on the River

Eves on the River
Reserve with
Eves on the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 4,294 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Trading hours for Eves on the River are below: Thursday - Sunday Breakfast from 7.30Am Thursday - Sunday Lunch from Noon Thursday - Saturday Dinner from 5.30Pm
Trois-Rivieres, Canada
“Very nice place: excellent food”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I am leaving next door and my main problem is that opening time are a bit "flexible" sometimes not talking about the functions they welcome and for which doors are closed: I hate this and think it is disrespectful. But when you are lucky enough to find a seat the place is agreeable: very good food, reasonably alright wine list (I would love to have a richer choice of good wines but, well, it is not France) and prices are competitive for Brisbane. Nice place with a river view, but the furnitures could be a bit more stylish in my opinion (but I recognize my French bias!!!)
Anyway very good place (even if this recommendation is going to create for me even more pb having a seat !)

• Visited April 2013

Saudi Arabia
“Great river location and good breakfasts”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Saw their story boards advertising bacon and eggs for $5.99 and I was sold. The locations is fall in distance from the river and their wide open windows make for great people watching and location next to ferry stop make it easier to go up or down river.

Service was quick and with a smile, coffee was fine and the bill was excellent, great way to save on wasing up.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SaudiArabia1002
Brisbane, Australia
“Not blown away”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

First time at this restaurant and after reading mixed reviews I thought it was best to go with an open mind. I have cycled past and always thought how lovely it looks as it has a prime location right on the Brisbane river. I thought the restaurant lacked atmosphere and as pleasant as the wait staff were, overall we found the service a little on slow side. Shared the chicken pate as an entree which was delicious and for main we both had something from the in-between menu. My duck and porcini ragu with spinach gnocchi was rich and tasty although slightly on the sweet side. Husband had lamb and couscous which he loved. The portion size was spot on. We shared a side of rocket, pear and walnut salad with what was supposed to be a blue cheese dressing. I imagined the dressing would be nice and creamy but it was so vinegary it took over the whole flavour of the side dish which was disappointing. It was nice to see vegetarian and coeliac options on the menu which I am neither but have friends who are. Had one alcoholic beverage each and our bill came to $88 which we were happy with. Would I go again? Possibly, if we were invited by friends but as a couple probably not. This restaurant did not blow me away and if we were having a big blow out it would have been an expensive night. There are plenty of other nice restaurants in Brisbane and I suspect here you are paying more for the location.
One more thing is that the menu needs to be updated on their website as it did not match the menu that we were given in the restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Great location, good food”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

In a wonderful river front site with nothing between it and the river. The decoration is minimalist industrial, and befitting of its location on the ground floor of a revamped warehouse.

I've been going here intermittently since it first opened probably close on 10 years ago. The food has been consistently good over that time. Breakfasts are interesting and varied and add a novel twist to the well known old favourites, whilst creating a few novel items of its own. Lunches are light and flavourful, and suit the warm summer Brisbane climates. I confess to not having had dinner here since its very earliest days after opening.

Staff have been friendly and helpful over the years.

Visited July 2012
Brisbane
“A cool, breezy spot on the river with great food”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I had lunch with a visiting relative at Eve's on the river a couple of weeks ago and wanted to give her a true Brisbane experience with local fish. The location at Eve's on The River was truly refreshing as it was a humid day, but there was a cool breeze blowing through the restaurant and no need for air-conditioning.
We ordered scallops to share for entree which were fresh and delicious followed by squid ink fettucini with lobster for me and grilled barramundi for my friend. We both found the fish to be fresh and delicious with quality accompaniments.
The service was really good and we spent a wonderful time in the cool ambience enjoying our meals and watching the river activity.

• Visited December 2012