“Poor Breakfast” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eves on the River

Eves on the River
Reserve with
Eves on the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 4,266 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Trading hours for Eves on the River are below: Thursday - Sunday Breakfast from 7.30Am Thursday - Sunday Lunch from Noon Thursday - Saturday Dinner from 5.30Pm
Brisbane
“Poor Breakfast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Went for a family breakfast. Arrived early and told to come back at the correct time (1015). When we did our table was not available, so waited a short time. After 10 minutes we were seated at a single table for 4 adults (800mm square), room for plates and a cup/glass only. Gave order after waiting 15 minutes and then another 40 minutes wait for food; had to remind a staff member and then the food arrived. Had the Full works, just thrown on the plate, massive sausage and few pieces of bacon but only 4 pieces of mushrooms!
In the meantime we saw other people arrive to be greeted warmly by the owner (?) and served their food in 15 minutes! Guess it is who you know.
Value for money was average and view of river was nice (if you have a window table) but service was not what i expected. Last visit....

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Andy1pom

Brisbane
“Still disappointing and overpriced.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

You know in my last review I said this was my best friend’s favourite restaurant but I thought it was over rated.
Last night confirmed this and ensured that Eve’s gets my most overpriced award. We paid $360 for 3 adults, 2 bottles of ordinary wine, entrees, mains and dessert. The food seriously is what you use to get in Brisbane before every man and his dog became a foodie. BORING and frankly cooked without love or inspiration. Husband’s pork cheek was tough. My lamb was overdone. At least my friend’s duck was not bleeding. The means were uninspired and lacking in imagination with the red meats sitting on top of mash potatoes which were given differing fancy names on the menu depending on what meat they were stuck with. Alarm bells had started ringing when my girlfriend of the many allergeries handed over her list of can’t eats without hospitalisation fame and the waitress said that one of the duck marinades was BBQ sauce.
My banana tart desert was a major disappointment. It was a chopped banana, over sweet caramel syrup drowning it bunged on a puff pastry square. It was sickly sweet. And frankly for $15 a con. Husband said his curd tart was lovely. Girlfriend had some dogey chocolate thingy that did not rate on any factor.
When I booked the lady on the phone promised me that there were heaters if it got chilly, well when I got back from the outside toilets (it was raining and cold) I left my North American Winter Coat (that I bought for snow storms) on. HINT anyone to turn on the heater?
My girlfriend is heading back to Paris soon so we were trying to get a lot of talking done .. must have overstayed our welcome as we were given the cheque before we had even finished the after dinner coffees. Here’s your hat off you go and its just gone 10. Excuse me??????? Hope the last remaining party of people hung out to midnight.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AllisonjaneBrisbane
Southport, Australia
“Every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

Eves on the River get it right, every time! The few times I have been here, always for breakfast, the service is very friendly, from the greeting at the door, suggesting options for a hangover, to paying the bill.
The food is amazing - a little pricey, but for the quality of the food and the best coffee ever, it is totally worth it!
The location - right on the river in Teneriffe with plenty of seats so everyone can enjoy the view.
I will definitely be back!

Visited February 2012
2 Thank recksta
Brisbane, Australia
“River views but disappointing otherwise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

After several recommendations from friends we decided to try this restaurant for Sunday breakfast. The location is great by the river and you can walk off your food with a lovely stroll along the boardwalk beside the river. There is a nice view, however the decor itself is plain and in need of a makeover - just keep looking at the view.
The food was only average, standard breakfast fare that could be had at any place in the city. The presentation was lacking with no thought to making the food appetising, the eggs haloumi and mushroom could have done with the green of the spinach on show; it was only breakfast I know, but many do it better.
The service was at best functional. Not a smile to be had; plates arrived and left without a word. The restaurant was busy and staff were obviously pushed, but that does not mean you cannot be friendly - not looking for a conversation, but a 'how is your day' or 'how was your meal' wouldn't go amiss. Disappointing.

• Visited April 2012
Australia
“Great lunch Terrific View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stopped in at Eve's on the River for a late breakfast/early lunch. Great view of the river from this location. Open and airy room. Both food and service was very good and we enjoyed it (My wife had the Wild Mushroom Pasta w asparagus, blue cheese and chives and I thought the Blue Cod special was excellent). We will certainly consider going back. Pick up one of their Appreciation cards and use it for 15 % off ( a very good surprise). I see they also do functions - it would be a good location for such things.

• Visited February 2012