“Very Happy”

Spring Hill Gardens Apartments
Ranked #96 of 140 Specialty Lodging in Brisbane
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was very happy to find this accommodation at the last minute on the Internet ; Sue was very helpful with the late booking. I stayed in a two bedroom apartment for 5 days. All facilities were adequate and the starter pack of detergent, coffee, tea etc was much appreciated. The location is ideal, just a 10 minute walk to Queen Street mall and river ferry, etc. Only two disappointments - the swimming pool was dirty on the day I elected to have a swim, and the broadband advertised was not available in my apartment.
The apartment was spotlessly clean and I would recommend this place, if you can afford it.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor unless you don't mind stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HadjFam

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Our unit was well equipped for our 7 day stay. While bathroom is a little dated with having shower over the bath and the bath more narrow than others I have stood in, everything worked well and was well maintained and clean. Bed was firm. Unit was well laid out and furniture comfy and new when we stayed. Having Woolworths so close to fetch groceries as we needed them was a real asset of the location. Whole place is very secure and the gardens are nice to have around you, considering you are in a city with lots of traffic around. Two verandas and the one facing the street was very user friendly and private with moveable shutter screens and a hedge of plants for privacy. There are steps, and quite a few depending on what level your unit is positioned, but we being used to steps ourselves it was not an issue to us. Managers were very friendly and helpful. We arrived very late, due to a plane delay, and the manager was very understanding and helpful in giving us late access to our unit. Any queries we had were dealt with swiftly. We found that Broadband internet was not wireless connected. We had problems in getting it to work for us, which was the one and only negative for us for our week stay.

Room Tip: If steps are a real issue for you, consider asking for a ground floor unit if available.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Sprill11, Manager at Spring Hill Gardens Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

We appreciate your feedback and you'll be happy to know we now have WIFI installed. We've also improved our pool cleaning services since you were here. Sue & Wayne

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I enjoyed the three nights I spent here. One bedroom apartment, well laid out, plenty of room for 2 people. Very secure, with each building having its own locked entry, and locked gates at front and back of property. Woolworths, Subway, other shops only 100m or so away. The beautiful gardens and palm trees help you to forget just how close the city and traffic are, and it's quiet inside the apartment. Next time, I'll get a taxi from the train station, so I don't have to wheel my bags up the hills! I was on my own, and am glad that I was on the 'ground' floor, which means one short flight of steps to the front door, with my luggage. I will stay here again, and have already told my friends to do the same!

Room Tip: Stairs everywhere! Up to the front gate, down from the back gate, and inside every apartment. I see...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RedDiary
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I booked this one when I was desperate to search for an accommodation for the next day. Luckily I got one bedroom apartment after only finding all the other service apartments and hotels were booked out. The price was not too bad either. When we got there, unfortunately we had to drag those luggages by ourselves from undercover garage to our room on 3rd floor as there is no lift. The building itself is dated and the facilities in the room are tired.

It was quite average accommodation in my opinion, price was not too bad, and it was a last minute booking, so I guess I should not be too picky.

Room Tip: try to get a room at ground level, as there is no lift
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RichardMeng

Our property description on all websites states that we are a three-story walkup and have no elevators. We always hope prospective guests read this to avoid possible disappointment.
Sue & Wayne

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed there for a full week. Room was on 3 floors with bedrooms upstairs. Large and quiet room. Room would really benefit from a good refresh - old furniture, a couple of broken chairs. But quite a central location with Queen St at 10 mins walk. Large parking available (public parking is very expensive in Brisbane).

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rachono

We are an older style complex but certainly broken chairs should have been removed and replaced before your visit. Our apologies. Sue & Wayne

Reviewed June 6, 2012

If you are after a well run, quiet, well laid out and deceptively spacious affordable apartment then look no further. This was an excellent residence and whilst some access time issues I thorougly recomend it.

Room Tip: higher the better as a bit humid even with a/c going full blast
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for this very complmentary report. Sue & Wayne

Reviewed May 6, 2012

This is a great place to stay in Brisbane.My husband and I were in Brisbane for a business/pleasure trip. We had a really lovely 1 bedroom apartment with all the amenities you'd need for 10 days. Staff were welcoming and helpful and always at the other end of the phone if we needed anything. The place is about a 5 minute walk from the central station and is really close to some great restaurants, grocery store, and a bakery. When we go back, we'll definitely be staying here again. Thanks to the staff there for making our trip so wonderful! :-)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank McKibbin13

Thankn you for this very comprehensive report. We look forward to your return visit.
Sue & Wayne