“Modern unit, great views, good location.”
Review of Story Apartments

Story Apartments
Ranked #105 of 129 Specialty Lodging in Brisbane
Brisbane, Australia
“Modern unit, great views, good location.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a newly renovated 3 bedroom apartment with modern furnishings. Neat and tidy, well cleaned, very comfortable. Had a wonderful time, short walk to city cat with access to Southbank, Powerhouse and the City. Management was pleasant and approachable. Have no faults with our stay except that it was too short.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Graham L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mackay, Qld
Reviewed April 3, 2013

After reading all the great reviews on trip advisor, I chose to stay at these apartments during my recent stay in Brisbane. The location and rates were good, we asked for a high floor and got floor 4 which had a reasonably good view - nicer at night. Upon arriving at around 2pm on Sunday we found reception was closed so pressed the buzzer and got a voice telling me to get the envelope from the lock box next to the speaker. What was said next was unintelligible apart from 'have a nice stay' I asked the person to repeat what she had said and was again unable to understand what she said apart from 'have a nice stay'. I then asked for her to repeat again what she had said but still couldn't understand her so said 'I guess all the information is in this envelope' to which she replied 'yes, have a nice stay'. Upon entering the undercover parking and finding our parking space we noticed the smell of rubbish eminating from the bins. When we finally found the lift (poorly signed) we went up to our room. The apartment was nice but when I started unpacking I noticed lots of black marks on the inside of the wardrobe, obviously from previous guests. Looking around the room, I noticed the floor to ceiling windows were quite dirty so checked the ones in the lounge room which were also quite dirty. When I went for a shower, I was appalled at the state of the bathroom. There was a lot of mould in the grouting of the shower and the sealant on the basin and a lot of soap scum on the shower glass, floor and framing both inside and otuside the shower recess. There was some kind of white spatter on the wall between the toilet and the basin and behind the door and behind the toilet there was a dust build up. The laundry was situated behind some doors in the bathroom and this was also quite dusty. The area where the ironing board was stored looked as though it had not been cleaned in quite some time. Upon further inspection of the apartment we found personal items left behind by the previous guests including medications in the coffee table drawers and a toiletries bag in the top of the pantry. There was also a broken switch and a missing bulb in one of the kitchen lights. We thought we would do the right thing and report this to management the next day and did so. I asked for the bathroom to be cleaned whilst we were out and they said they would see to that as well as the other things we pointed out. Upon return to the apartment, there was a faint smell of bleach but the bathroom wasn't any cleaner. I had to clean it myself. The items left behind by previous tenants were also still there. No other attempts to rectify any of our concerns during our stay were made. I emailed the apartments upon return home to give them a right of explaination but received no reply so that is why I am writing this review.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank debg141

Travelers are raving about these Brisbane hotels

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stay in a 3 bedroom apartment as we were apart of a wedding that was held nearby so the location for us was perfect. The room was spacious but thats where the good news stops. One of the bedrooms had mould right down the walls and the carpets were filthy. It just felt very used and like there was no maintenance on what could have been a very nice place. When we stayed the guests above us decided to come home from a night out and blast their music, stomp around and sing/yell at the top of their lungs. I called management and then had to call them again as nothing had seemed to have been done. Then a little bit of silence where management had gone up to tell them to be quiet or they will be kicked out. Needless to say they were a bit more quiet from then on however you can hear people stomping around through the floors so if you are a light sleeper this is not the place for you. Though i commend the management for going up and making the other guests stop at 4am its something you need to think of if you want to stay there because you are so close to the clubs and pubs this is a possibility. When i checked out after only have 2 hours sleep i was quite emotional and just wanted to leave. It wasnt till later that day that the other people who were staying with me (but left early cos of the noise) that there room had mould on the walls. This mould to someone who has allergies or lung troubles can be dangerous. I wrote management an email advising them of the carpets and walls etc and they offered me 1 nights free stay when i book 2 nights or more... so no compensation at all as they would be again making money from our stay. Plus why would i stay in a place that i have just had a horrible experience in. I then asked that they come to an agreement with me and provide 1 nights refund and i have not heard back from them in over a week. Overall, dirty apartment, not much noise barrier between floors, nice at first management, over priced but spacious.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Lauren E
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here for three weeks when we first moved to Brisbane.

The suite was clean and well laid out. The staff were excellent, a broken coffee pot was replaced immediately and they were very helpful with all of our questions about the area.

The location is great. Just a few blocks from the free ferry into the city. There is a grocery store and many restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I travel extensively but absolutely love staying here. It's home form home..except with a million dollar view! Staff are obliging and pleasant and professional. It's a great location to get on the motorways for north and south and also the airport. Found a gem of a cafe by the river and will stay here every time I am in Brisbane. One night stays work out much more expensive than an extended stay (3 or 4 nights)

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mingomagic
Ayr, Australia
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment - great accomodation - has everything you need and lots of space. Stayed with 2 other couples and my daughter and was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandra W
Coojar
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I couldn't believe how large this apartment was. The office was great to put the port-a-cot in. Very surprised. Great views from the 5th floor South building, a little walk to the ferry but our stay here was very enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family