All reviewspa hospitalprincess alexandra hospitalcompact roommanual wheelchairashes testnice balconyprivate hospitalsecure parkingshopping centreone nighteasy accessbus stationsmall gymbusiness staypublic transportenjoyed my staystudio apartment
Reviewed March 29, 2017

Good location to where I needed to visit. Also close to the Gabba. Fairly well appointed modern style room. Even though we were near to the main road, the rooms were very well sound proofed, barely heard any road noise. Parking was not a problem.

Room Tip: 5th floor was good.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank R M
Maria A, Manager at Hotel Chino, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2017

Hello R M, I think you liked us more than you expected....that means we exceeded your expectations and that's what we always aim to do. Next visit, try to enjoy a delicious meal at Chinos... they will also exceed your expectations I'm sure.

Reviewed March 27, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for work, checked in just before the office shut, I got my swipe card and put my stuff in my room then went to work for the night and when I came home at 0500 my card wouldn't work so I couldn't get into the motel or my room, so I rang the night manager she sent security over to let me in just lucky one of the girls started work early and she gave me a new swipe card. When I woke up I went down stairs to see what happened with my card the manager explained to me that I may have had my card next to a key card and that may have interfered with the magnected field on the card so lesson learnt don't have your swipe card nowhere near any credit card, otherwise great motel and friendly staff.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Maria A, Manager at Hotel Chino, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2017

Hello Hohndogg,

Thank you for letting everyone know about the magnetic fields.... it's always best to keep cards separated. We're so glad you found Hotel Chino great and the staff all very friendly.

Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at chino hotel from August to December 2017.
This was for family reasons husband in P A hospital.
It was an amazing experience.
A home away from home.
Cleanliness spot on.
Staff extremely helpfully.
Service that you could not fault.
The staff went out of their way to assist me with everything possible.

The resturant food was excellent. Friendly chiefs will assist with all requests.

Walking distance to hospital along safe pathway at all hours.
Easy walking distance to supermarket and chemist and gym.
A great choice if you have relatives in the princess Alexander hospital.

Thank you.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Maria A, Manager at Hotel Chino, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2017

Hi Ronda,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a lovely review of your experience at Hotel Chino. You were here such a long time that you certainly qualify to appraise us for long term hospital stays - be they PAH or Greenslopes Private Hospital where your husband started treatment.
You really used our facility well - the bus, the supermarket, quality roll-in bed when you had family staying with you and an occasional meal or beverage in the restaurant. If I was in your position I believe I'd use Hotel Chino similarly.
And I have to say Ronda, the care and attention you put into your husband's medical needs is truly commendable. We trust your husband is coming along well - we often wonder how the trip home was for you and hope life has returned to normal for you all.
If ever you need to stay in Brisbane we hope you could choose Hotel Chino without all the memories of the hospital traumas, as we'd love to accommodate you again....might even meet hubby!

Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

But if a faff around with checking in .
With the sour puss as I call the young one that checked me in
However the rest of the hotel was great ,
Shower was amazing ( considering the amount you need to take as this kiwi can't handle the muggynes of Brisbane )
Beds super comfy and your own balcony
Would stay here again

Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo

Meow_22, thank you for 5 beautiful bubbles. We apologise sincerely that our receptionist wasn't on her best behavior. We understand the importance of first impressions and assure you that you and all guests are meant to be greeted with great enthusiasm. We are so pleased you loved our property and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 15, 2017

Upon check in, I was advised my apartment was fitted with disable bathroom.
Which was not a issue to me.
Upon using said bathroom I slipped on the tiles in the bathroom getting my towel.
In the mornings upon checkout I advised management of my concerns of my mishap. And was imminently told that there was a rubber mat in the hall closet. This is not acceptable as I wasn't told of OH&S issues with my bathroom.
BEING TOLD OF RUBBER MAT AFTER YOU SLIP IS NOT ACCEPTABLE !

Room Tip: Demand to know what your bathroom is !
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Maria A, Manager at Hotel Chino, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

Janet, It is most unfortunate that our last room available was a disabled room as advised by reception at teh time of booking. As expressed at check-out we were extremely sorry you slipped getting your towel and we are very glad you didn't fall. We will keep the rubber mats visible in the bathroom in future as we do want to learn from your experience for future guest safety. Please be aware that you were provided that room only because it was the last room late in the evening and we did advise you it was a disabled room. Demand is such for our certified disabled rooms that they are normally occupied by guests requiring the disabled facility.
I am very apologetic and very glad you didn't fall.