“Kapsali's”

Kapsali Taverna
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant Kapsali (South Bank Parklands, Brisbane, Queensland) was established January of 2001. Kapsali is a place for music, wine, to smile and dine, its fun for the whole family, with an extensive menu featuring Mediterranean cuisine and seafood. Children’s meals are also available. Kapsali presents a unique dining experience, Mediterranean décor while overlooking the beautiful Southbank parklands lagoon. Kapsali features live entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings, including a live band (Friday and Saturday), belly dancer (Saturday only at the moment). Kapsali is also specialising in group functions, ideal for birthday & work parties and also perfection for weddings.Come in & experience Kapsali for yourself!
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Food is Mediterranean, primarily Greek and quite good. Although I don't think it is expensive, I think it is a little over-priced for what it offers. Service is fairly good. We visited on a Saturday night and there was live music, again Greek. Sometimes they have a belly dancer, who is excellent.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had a balcony table which was nice, looking out on the lights of Southbank. The food was great, good size meal and tasty. Staff were very helpful.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Over 15 years,My friends and I have been coming back to Kapsali restaurant for a meals, over and over again. Kapsali is always our first choice to go to for our special celebrations and I am talking of 25-50 people was catering at once. Kapsali is well known to Brisbane locals and visitors for their exceptional hospitality, quality food and great intertainment.
I have recently brought group of 20 members of international Community for a night out and we had an awesome time at Kapsali. Manager Jessie welcomed us, and others in the best professional way and venue staff was very helpful. Manager Jessie is very hospitable and friendly. We have shared our meals, yes... Calamari, Barramundi and number of other different dishes.. they were Perfect, I can tell, I'm a cook myself..there was nothing from the pack. I couldn't believe what I just read!!!! . If one expect Barramundy size of the shark.. should go to the fist market to get some knowledge about fish...and should not comply about something they know very little about...
What a disgraceful behaviour!!! Creating all this drama, IN PUBLIC, over a thin Barramundi..and a meal you have already eaten...you shouldnt'have eaten your meal at all, if you want your money back...read the policy.
Your story remind me of those opportunitists who are expecting a free meals while you traveling, sorry, that what it looks like....Otherway one would finish the meal, walk away, if not happy, do not come back, simple....

It's a shame that for some visitors, especially those who had a hospitality experiense, Nothing is good enough!!!! We should be supporting and and encouraging..hard working people like Kapsali staff, stay in business and not putting them down over Barramundi.... Shame on you!!! Have owned a Hotel myself, I can tell you, from my experience, that the most trouble makers are Hospitality members themselves. Can you guys just rather enjoy your travaling experiences and be happy, then worrying about size of the fish. How rediculous your comment is... read it yourself.. For all angry travalers.....Just keep in your mind, Brisbane citizens are supporting our local business and will always stand by for our people, who work hard every day, to make our dining experiences enjoyable. We all human being, remember,and are deserved to be treated with respect.....
As a professional tour guide in Brisbane, I'm taking tourists and locals on a City walking tours. Brisbane City and South Bank are the most desirable destinations. It make me feel fantastic and proud when people say WOW!!what a great experience... and then place a nice comment....
Having say that, there always some one who would say "this bridge is pretty borring" SOOO??
To me, it's like this couple at Kapsali, in a bad mood.. "Barramundy is too thin" SOOOO?? it come from nature...It was obviously tasty, they've eaten it all..almost...
I my opinion... Kapsali manager Jessie and the rest of the staff deserve an oppology from Chenko83 or at least we should egnore henko 83 nusty comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wonder what country this couple from??????
Cheers and keep you chin up Kapsali, We will be back>>>

3  Thank Zina T
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My fiancé and I are on holiday in Brisbane. We have both worked in hospitality in the past, and know good food/service when we see it.

We decided to head to Southbank for a spot of Sunday lunch. Out of the multitude of restaurants and eateries in that area, we decided to choose Kapsali Taverna. We attended around 3pm, and the restaurant was fairly quiet, with only a handful of tables occupied.

I ordered the calamari as an entree, having been told the fish cakes were unavailable. I ordered the NZ Orange Roughy as a main while my fiancée ordered the barramundi.

I waited for approximately 25 minutes for the calamari to appear. I brought this up with a waitress who delivered it a few minutes later. The calamari was not to my liking. It tasted as if it had been bought in by the restaurant in a deep freeze bag, and, bizarrely, was served with fries.

About 3 minutes after the plate was placed in front of me, our mains arrived. Now having two meals in front of me, I decided to cut my losses with the calamari, push it to one side and start with my main.

Disappointing can be the only word to describe it. The fish was thin and lifeless. The bread crumb coated batter was rubbery and unappealing. Again, I believed it had been bought in and frozen.

My fiancé did not enjoy the barramundi. She ate less than a quarter of what was on the plate.

During this time, the wait staff were nowhere to be seen. In all, I ate most of my main, very little of the calamari, while my fiancée ate as stated above.

We approached the front desk where we told the woman we were not happy with our meals, and would appreciate a form of discount. Not unreasonable, seeing as only my main was finished. I suggested we would pay for the jug of beer, and my main. We were practically laughed at and told we must pay full price. We explained we were disappointed with the food, that we did not finish it, and that we would not be paying for the calamari and the barramundi.

The woman began to get agitated, demanding to know what was wrong. When I explained the above problems (the wait time, the main arriving moments after the starter, the general issues with the food), she told us "But you still ate it." Madame, we did not. She then demanded to know why we did not bring this to the attention of staff, in order for them to give us a replacement. I told her there were no staff in our section of the restaurant, and that we did not want a replacement as we felt the food was simply of a poor quality. The woman got more and more agitated to the point of aggression, demanding we paid full price.

At this, we decided to leave. The environment became hostile and intimidating, with staff, including two chefs, moving around us, and this appalling woman shouting at us.

The woman, and I promise you I am not exaggerating this, charged out from behind the cash register and lunged at me, grabbing me by the right arm with two hands. I am 6'1 and weigh 13 stones. The force in which she began pulling at my arm caused me to lose my balance on more than one occasion. She was also digging in to my skin so hard that she has caused cuts, scratches, swelling and bruising.

All throughout she acted like a common thug, shouting and screaming, with not an ounce of self-control or professionalism.

In fairness to the clearly embarrassed chef, (there were other customers waiting to pay and still dining), he diffused the situation and broke the woman away from me. We told him our problems and he discounted us as we had suggested initially.

The worst part was this woman was the manager. Her parting shot to my fiancée was "I will remember your face."

Well, my dear lady, I will remember this shambles too. For much, much longer.

3  Thank Chenko83
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The best seafood platter for around 12 dollars... maybe more nowdays... still cheap. Every hour the staff stops serving and starts dancing to traditional Greek music. Great location close to sreets beach in southbank :)

1  Thank Marko L