“Nice cheap meals” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Brisbane, Australia
“Nice cheap meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Great food very cheap but they took my fav thing off the menu. yakisoba! A little fiddly with seating and fairly crowded as the arcade is a thoroughfare.

Singapore, Singapore
“Meals Under $10 in the City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Hidden in the Elizabeth Arcade, this simple yet delicious Japanese restaurant has plenty to offer! With meals mostly under $10 in the city, it's worth a try!
Had a nice teriyaki chicken with rice and will try again next round I come!

Sydney, Australia
“Authentic feel, authentic tastes but slightly small servings!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Was after some quick simple Japanese food and came across Kadoya. I'd seen large crowds of mostly international students here in the past and figured it was worth a go. At $9 I ordered a gyu don (thin meat slices served over rice cooked in a bit of broth I believe is what it is).

I love gyudon, my favourite japanese don and have tried a bunch all across the world. In terms of taste and texture, definitely on par with the best! Tender beef with bits of fat and rice well cooked. Super quick service, friendly staff.

Only small complaint is the serving size is a little too small. I would've expected a good 25% more but as the rest was pretty good I wasn't too fussed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brisbane, Australia
“Quick bite to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Chicken Bento Box was delicious. I am a big eater and also ordered calamari and garlic bread to start, but did not need to do so as the Bento box was sufficient by itself. Also very reasonable prices.

Visited January 2013
Kuching
“Still great as before!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

It's a common place for me to have lunch here during my uni life. I returned 4 years later with my bf and the food still taste great like before! :) :) Memories from years ago reappear in my head, I am reliving those time again!! :)
The menu changed a bit, now it comes in bento sets too. My favourite is still the curry!!
The food is delicious, the price is reasonable, the service is fast, help yourself to more mayo if you like them. Oh ya, don't be surprised when their staff speak to you in their THICK Japanese accent! :)

• Visited July 2012