“Great food - not your usual breakfast”
Review of Cantina - CLOSED

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I eat at Cantina often. The menu is interesting and varies significantly from your average brakfast fare. I particularly recommend the pancakes especially with bacon and melon. The warm breakfast salad is also very good. The lunch menu has an excellent chicken and leek pie as well as a very good cheeseburger. The service is friendly and prompt. The coffee is reasonable. I must admit i haven't eaten there in the evening. Overall an excellent restarant for breakfast and lunch

Reviewed April 16, 2011

We eat breakfast here regularly, as it offers some great dishes that are a little different to the usual breakfast fare. Admittedly, the service can be uneven, but the food is always delicious and the coffee is pretty good, too, even by West End standards. I disagree with a prior reviewer - the family who own this restaurant are really friendly.

Reviewed October 10, 2010

Ate at this establishment last weekend. It had been over 12 months since our last visit and it will a cold day in hell before we go back.

We arrived at just before 7:00pm and to be fair the service we received was prompt and efficient. By 7:35pm we had left and I couldnt wait to get home to brush my teeth to get the taste of the food out of my mouth.

I only felt like something light, so ordered a Lamb and falafel salad with a mint dressing. What I received was without doubt the worst meal I have ever had the displeasure of paying for. It looked more like a stir fry than a salad and was totally devoid of any taste. When I finally found some mint dressing it appeared to be the insiped crap you get from a squeeze bottle, no fresh herbs to be seen. Lucky we had water on the table because the falafel was that dry and crumbly i nearly chocked on it. My wife ordered a curry and faired only slightly better. While the sauce had a nice flavour it was watery and ther was barely any meat. She found three bits of meat that she could chew the rest was fat and sinew.

When I complained about the standard of the food they seemed surprised but offered no apology or discount.

This cafe has now passed all previous bad experiences to become the worst cafe we have ever eaten at.

1  Thank Bigjaf
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Ate breakfast there a while back and waited an hour for it to come. A waitress kindly offered us a free extra coffee as we had waited so long, but when we went to pay the very unfriendly and abrupt guy on the till wouldn't honor the staffs promise. Sorry, bad service leaves bad taste. Won't be returning.