Tripadvisor

Reserve a Table
Tue, 2/18
8:00 PM
Ranked #66 of 5,821 Restaurants in Brisbane
Description: Black Fire is a Spanish Mediterranean Venue, bringing together cuisines of our Spanish & Italian heritages. Specializing in suckling meats, tapas & Sangria, we enjoy hosting our guests as we would home. Using fine Australian produce to create a fusion of traditional and modern dishes any person can enjoy. We cater for a range of dietary requirements and preferences and tailor food and beverage packages for functions. Set menus available for large groups.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was the 3rd visit to restaurant in the last 4 days as I am staying very nearby. The cocktails are really good and in general food is nicely presented.
The reason for this review is because today I ordered duck breast and vegetables. When it came out the duck was just off cold and, to me over-cooked, I had a job to cut through the meat and then to chew it. I raised my concerns with staff to be told that this is how the restaurant serve their duck !
I thought that I wasn’t making it clear so I tried to explain that I couldn’t cut the breast meat and it was cold. I asked should it be cold? To be advised, it is not a cold dish but this how we serve it. The waitress then took knife and suggested I use a steak knife!
I gave up at this point and send the meal back to the kitchen and requested the bill. The bill arrived with the charge for the duck on it and the cocktail charge removed.
I spoke with the Acting Manager and tried to explain again about the duck, she too explained that it is the restaurant’s way to serve duck overcooked and nearly cold and refused to take the charge off for the duck.
I don’t doubt the restaurant can serve a nice meal because I enjoyed 1 out of 3 here but I recommend you take heed on what you are ordering and avoid busy times because there are not enough alert waitressing staff to get food out hot.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (158)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

At first sight, this place looked very interesting, cozy, with a promising Mediterranean menu, so I went there for dinner. The food was so disappointing! The starter had no flavor and the combination of ingredients of the main dish just didn't work. The next day I was there for breakfast - I was staying at the hotel and didn't have much time. I also thought it would be very hard to ruin a breakfast. Big mistake. Very few options on the buffet, nothing really interesting, low flavor... But the worst part was the guy at the coffee station constantly screaming and freaking out because he was too busy. I was so stressed that I gave up ordering a espresso. I paid $35 for breakfast and didn't even have a coffee.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Inside the Capri Hotel, there is a cafe component and a stylish dining component. The kitchen is open and impressive. There were sharing plates available and a big range of wines. The pasta is made onsite. Service was excellent and food delicious. Breakfast and lunch available. Recommend and would go again.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Blackfire has always been our local favourite spanish restaurant in brisbane. Out of all the over priced restaurants around brisbane we go to blackfire because we just love the dining experience.
We went with the chef tasting menu for our group of 7 people. The tapas were delicious and the slow cooked sucking meats for mains with the sides are amazing. For $55 per person the chef tasting menu is great value for every dollar spent.

Highly recommend this beautiful restaurant!!!

Date of visit: January 2020
FuegoNeroBris, Owner at Black Fire Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Hola Jonny,

Thank you for joining us again and taking the time to share your experience with the online community. We always look forward to having you as a pleasure to service.
Come back soon!
Ciao

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

If I could give this restaurant 10 stars I would. We dined as a family of six, the food and service were outstanding. I don’t say it lightly, I travel a lot and have worked in the industry. Staff catered off the menu for three fussy children without blinking, and the fresh pasta in a fresh tomato base with Parmesan was so good the grown ups wanted the same dish. The banquet with lamb and wagyu was fantastic. Scallops are out of this world. Excellent fine food family experience, my new Brisbane favourite!

2  Thank Shannyandthehorde

Hola!
Thank you for joining us and sharing your experience with the online community. It was a pleasure to have your family join us and we cannot wait for you and the bambinos to come back to dine.
Ciao for now