“Perfect for Business Stay”

Mantra Terrace Hotel
Ranked #51 of 160 Hotels in Brisbane
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect for Business Stay”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Stayed in Brisbane overnight for work, and the Diamant was suggested. The lady at the front desk was welcoming with a smile, and quite polite during the entire check in process.

Room was cozy and quiet. Television came with Foxtel channels, a welcome distraction from the usual free to air programs. The bathroom was large, massive shower and great complimentary toiletry products were available.

The hotel itself is a short stroll from the CBD, and found myself wondering the night streets until I returned and enjoyed a few drinks at the O Bar downstairs from the room.

Check out was quick and efficient. Will be back next time I return to Brisbane.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Morgan S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a delightful TripAdvisor review of your recent stay with us at Diamant Brisbane.
`
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the team so friendly and helpful. We encourage in our team a strong service culture and I am pleased that we achieved that during your stay. I have passed your feedback on to the team who are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Fantastic news that you enjoyed your stay and found it so convenient to your needs, particularly the designated hotel restaurant, oBar, I've passed on the welcoming news to the team as well.

Glad to hear that your stay went smooth from start to finish.

Again, thank you for choosing Diamant Brisbane. Don't forget, 8Hotels has accommodation options around Australia, along with Bali, Fiji and Paris. Please feel free to contact us directly when you wish to book again.

Warm regards,

Marlon Siguenza
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed here for only one night but were made feel very welcome and met with smiling faces and help from all the staff. We had read that the rooms were small, and that is fair but they were well appointed, modern, clean and very comfortable so to us it wasn't a factor. The staff from start to finish were very friendly and helpful, something with all our travel is a rare joy. i have no problem recommending Diamant to everyone who likes to feel welcomed and comfortable. We were lucky enough to have breaky included and was well worth it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Andrew K,

Thank you for choosing Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post a TripAdvisor review of your stay.

Please feel free to contact me directly or any member of our team, should you need any help with your future reservations not just at Diamant Brisbane but any one of our 8 Hotels. You can expect the same friendly service and welcoming smiles at all our hotels around Australia, Bali, Paris and now Fiji.

Warmest regards
Tamara
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this review from my hotel room listening to the pumping music & yelling from the bar (OBar) downstairs. The hotel itself is fine. Friendly service, nice rooms, though definitely classified as small. As in not a lot of room to move small but that I can deal with. The thing I can't deal with is the lack of sleep from the ridiculously loud bar downstairs. I was put off the place when I went for breakfast this morning & the meal was less than average. I should have avoided going to a bar for breakfast, and now they have some function going that's so loud I can't sleep. I called down & the hotel said they'd speak to the staff in the bar but I doubt it will help. I feel sorry for the people in rooms right above the bar, I doubt they can hear themselves think!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Michelleyates,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Diamant Hotel Brisbane.

I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us at Diamant Hotel Brisbane did not meet your expectations, due to noise from the restaurant. If there is a function in OBar, the team members will bring guests inside and close the doors at about 10pm so that noise from music and conversation does not disturb our hotel guests. I apologise if you found the noise excessive and I can assure you that this has been followed up with the team in OBar.

I was however very pleased that you found the team so friendly and the rooms comfortable during your stay.

If we are given the opportunity to welcome you back to Diamant Brisbane, I assure you of our utmost effort and genuine intention.

Kind regards
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 7, 2014

From the moment we walked in the front door we were greeted by the friendliest woman on the front desk. The room was exceptional, the comfiest king size bed, and the most luxurious bathroom. It's all the little things that came together and made this one of the best hotel stays I've had. I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family, in fact, I already have to everyone I've seen since I stayed there. The hotel is conveniently located in the centre of Brisbane CBD and Fortitude Valley, within only a 10 minute stroll in either direction. We also had breakfast one morning in the cafe downstairs, and the service was also fantastic, the food even better.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kirstyn S
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Kirstyn S,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay with us at Diamant Hotel Brisbane.

I am delighted that you found this among your best hotel stays due to our friendly team, comfortable rooms and central location.

I agree that our beds are wonderful, like sleeping on a cloud. Please feel free to contact me directly should you like information on how to purchase for your home.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you next visit Brisbane. Don't forget, 8Hotels have properties around Australia and you can expect the same great service and convenient locations at all our properties.

Warm regards
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for only 1 night however I'm still lying in the bed not wanting to get out they are that good!!! Most comfortable hotel bed I have stayed in ww. We got a suite which has loads of room and the bells and whistles required to make it feel like home. Staff was great check-in a breeze fabulous management. Stay here again for sure!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BryceBarker
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear BryceBarker,

I agree that our beds are wonderful, and this is partly due to the amazing bed toppers on all our beds - they make it like sleeping on a cloud! Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and we can pass on the details should you wish to purchase for your home. The Diamant Suites are particularly comfortable, your home away from home with the extra space and 'bells and whistles' such as mini kitchenette, ensuite bathroom with bath and wee seating area.

I have shared your review with the team who are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and that we can look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Our room was quite small but very well equipped, modern and all we really needed for a 1 night stay (definitely nothing we could complain about considering the online deal we got). The lady at reception who checked us in was very friendly and even brought a bottle of sparkling wine up to our room when she found out that we were leaving for our honeymoon.

There is a loading zone outside the hotel to drop off bags prior to parking in the designated carpark around the corner, which was only a very short walk away.

The restaurant attached to the hotel is closed on Sundays so we had to walk into Queen St for dinner. This was only a short walk away and the hotel is also very close to Central Station.

Our bed was one of the most comfy hotel beds I have slept in and we could not hear any traffic noise from our room, even though we were facing onto Astor Terrace.

Room Tip: It is worth paying a little extra for the Premier Room as these rooms are slightly larger than the S...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Toby M,

Firstly, on behalf of all the team, I would like to congratulate you again on your recent nuptials. Thank you for choosing Diamant Brisbane to spend the night before you left for your honeymoon.

I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay and found it so convenient to your needs, particularly the designated hotel parking in the nearby Secure Carpark.

I have passed your feedback on to the team who are thrilled that we were were able to help you celebrate your life together with a bottle of sparkles. I agree that our location on beautiful, quiet Astor Terrace is close to the CBD, yet far enough away to avoid the noise and bustle.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for your 1st Anniversary!

Warm Regards
Beaverton, Or
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Diamant. Yes, the rooms are small but very cozy, modern and clean. We slid luggage under the bed and that was all it took. The location is perfect; just few blocks from great shopping, major bus stops and the train station. The on-site restaurant and bar are very good, with outside seating for those lovely warm evenings. Brisbane is luscious in the fall when temps are down a bit and you can walk anywhere. The Diamant is perfectly placed for the casual wanderer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear pgeller,

Thank you for your lovely review of Diamant Brisbane.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you managed to get out and about in Brisbane. You are right that our location in Spring Hill is so close to everything, with some great shopping and dining options nearby.

Thank you again for your time. We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Brisbane.

Kind regards