“Great inexpensive city hotel”

Mantra Terrace Hotel
Ranked #55 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have stayed here several times. The hotel is perfectly positioned in walking distance of either the CBD or The Valley. The team who run the place are friendly. Car parking is almost directly over the from the hotel. Rooms are well appointed if a little small. Really great place for a quick stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear TheLodgeQld,

I was delighted to read your review of Diamant Brisbane.

It is always lovely to welcome back our return guests to the hotel and I am delighted that you have found the team to be consistently friendly and helpful. I am thrilled that you have made Diamant Brisbane your home away from home when visiting Brisbane!

Don't forget, we have 8Hotels properties around Australia and you can expect the same friendly and personalized service situated in great locations around Australia.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Brisbane.

Warmest regards

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Small rooms but very nicely appointed and stylish. however there is no parking at the hotel, instead you get a voucher for the parking station across the road which seems OK except you only get one, which you need for overnight parking. I had to met people for dinner, therefore I had to park in the street at first, which was crowded, the nearest spot was a good 5 minutes walk up the road. Although that's not so bad had it been raining it wouldn't have been amusing. The cafe at the bottom of the hotel is excellent.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Biblo47,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor of your recent Diamant Brisbane stay.

I am very pleased that you found the rooms so comfortable and stylish. Thank you for your feedback regarding the parking at the hotel. I am sure you will agree that parking in Brisbane can be challenging and expensive, which is why we use the nearby Secure Carpark, in order to provide our guests with safe and easily accessible overnight parking at a reduced rate.

Again, I greatly appreciate your time. We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you next visit Brisbane.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is awesome. Greeted by friendly and helpful staff at the desk when I arrived. My room was clean tidy and more than adequate for my needs. . the bed was divine. ..Would have to be the most comfortable bed I have experienced in my travels for sure. 5 minutes to city... .close to cafes bars etc. Thank you to everyone at Diamant for making my stay a very pleasurable one.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear D0ns68,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review of your recent stay with us at Diamant Brisbane.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that we can look forward to becoming your home away from home when visiting Brisbane.

I agree that the beds are divine. Please feel free to contact us directly and we are happy to pass on the details on the bedding if you would like to purchase for your home.

Thank you again for such a lovely review.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 16, 2013

It was such a nice change from the large chain motels. The staff were so accommodating and I loved the ambiance. It was lovely and quiet which meant i had a nice sleep in too!! Location at the top end of the city and easy to get to with a restaurant and local cafes around there wasn't anything else I needed. I will be back for sure!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Susan L,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely TripAdivsor review of your recent stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the ambiance of hotel and found the team so helpful. Our lovely tree-lined Astor Terrace is quiet and peaceful, it's hard to believe we are so close to Brisbane's CBD.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you next visit Brisbane. Don't forget, we have 8Hotels properties around Australia, and you can expect the same wonderful ambiance and friendly service.

Warmest regards

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This may not be the place to go if you want to experience a great in room experience - but if you need a bed for the night and experience the Brisbane CBD outside your room this is a good hotel.

I visited this hotel on my last Brisbane visit. Situated in close proximity of the Novotel and in the Brisbane CBD this Hotel is in a great location. Upon checkin I was provided with a parking spot, which was included in the room, and great service in regards to tips on where to eat that evening. The room was small but clean and suitable for a short term stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear Andrew P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Diamant Hotel Brisbane.

I am delighted that you found the team so helpful with suggestions for dining and the location to be convenient. Astor Terrace is a quiet little street, so close to Brisbane CBD.

We use a nearby Secure Carpark for guest parking and are able to offer reduced rate parking for guests. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of one of the packages we offer include parking. Be sure to contact us directly for your next reservation as we always offer the best rates and package deals direct.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Really nice stay here, friendly staff, clean room and the most comfortable bed ever!
The only complaint was that the O bar and restaurant downstairs was closed on Sunday so we couldn't eat there or order room service, which was a shame. We didnt feel like going out for dinner, but had to. The little place next door was rather pretty to sit at but the food was pretty ordinary. But other than that, perfect stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Zsusha,

It was lovely to read your TripAdvisor review of your recent stay with us at Diamant Hotel Brisbane.

I have shared your review with the team who are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and found the room so comfortable. I agree that the beds are wonderful, and this is due in part to the amazing bed toppers on all the beds. Please feel free to contact us and we can assist if you would like to purchase for your bed at home.

It is a shame you did not get the opportunity to dine in OBar & Restaurant. OBar & Restaurant is available for breakfast Monday to Sunday, and Dinner Monday to Saturday. The team at Reception are more than happy to assist with restaurant suggestions in the area or to make bookings.

Again, we appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you next visit Brisbane.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I cannot think of a single negative thing to say about this hotel.

The rooms are the perfect size for a single traveller and hold all you need - a bed, a washroom and a kettle. The washrooms are shower only, which is all I need, really. The TV is huge for the size of the room and the bed is a dream. Interior design in this hotel is quite chic.

The hotel is located five minutes walk from Central Station and ten minutes to the bustling CBD. It may as well be a world away from them for all you hear. Astor Terrace is quiet and convenient to everything. The staff is unbelievably kind and friendly.

Complimentary internet sweetens the pot.

For a hotel of this quality I would expect to pay easily double the price if not more. I was only saddened by the fact I couldn't stay at a hotel from the same group when I came back to Sydney (due to sold out dates). I did not want to leave!

Room Tip: Premier rooms are a little larger and have a Juliet balcony; superior rooms have gigantic windows.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear CanadianRunAmok,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely review of your recent stay with us at Diamant Hotel Brisbane.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree with you that our location is the best of both worlds - close to Brisbane CBD, yet situated on beautiful, quiet tree-lined Astor Terrace.

It is a shame that you were unable to stay with one of our Sydney properties, as you would have found the same dedication to service and friendly team that you noticed here at Diamant Brisbane.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to any of our 8Hotels properties around Australia, Bali, Paris and Fiji.