“Nice Quiet Hotel in a Good Location”

Mantra Terrace Hotel
Ranked #49 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Perth, Australia
“Nice Quiet Hotel in a Good Location”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This may not be the place to go if you want to experience a great in room experience - but if you need a bed for the night and experience the Brisbane CBD outside your room this is a good hotel.

I visited this hotel on my last Brisbane visit. Situated in close proximity of the Novotel and in the Brisbane CBD this Hotel is in a great location. Upon checkin I was provided with a parking spot, which was included in the room, and great service in regards to tips on where to eat that evening. The room was small but clean and suitable for a short term stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Andrew P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Diamant Hotel Brisbane.

I am delighted that you found the team so helpful with suggestions for dining and the location to be convenient. Astor Terrace is a quiet little street, so close to Brisbane CBD.

We use a nearby Secure Carpark for guest parking and are able to offer reduced rate parking for guests. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of one of the packages we offer include parking. Be sure to contact us directly for your next reservation as we always offer the best rates and package deals direct.

Kind regards
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Really nice stay here, friendly staff, clean room and the most comfortable bed ever!
The only complaint was that the O bar and restaurant downstairs was closed on Sunday so we couldn't eat there or order room service, which was a shame. We didnt feel like going out for dinner, but had to. The little place next door was rather pretty to sit at but the food was pretty ordinary. But other than that, perfect stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Zsusha,

It was lovely to read your TripAdvisor review of your recent stay with us at Diamant Hotel Brisbane.

I have shared your review with the team who are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and found the room so comfortable. I agree that the beds are wonderful, and this is due in part to the amazing bed toppers on all the beds. Please feel free to contact us and we can assist if you would like to purchase for your bed at home.

It is a shame you did not get the opportunity to dine in OBar & Restaurant. OBar & Restaurant is available for breakfast Monday to Sunday, and Dinner Monday to Saturday. The team at Reception are more than happy to assist with restaurant suggestions in the area or to make bookings.

Again, we appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you next visit Brisbane.

Warm regards
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I cannot think of a single negative thing to say about this hotel.

The rooms are the perfect size for a single traveller and hold all you need - a bed, a washroom and a kettle. The washrooms are shower only, which is all I need, really. The TV is huge for the size of the room and the bed is a dream. Interior design in this hotel is quite chic.

The hotel is located five minutes walk from Central Station and ten minutes to the bustling CBD. It may as well be a world away from them for all you hear. Astor Terrace is quiet and convenient to everything. The staff is unbelievably kind and friendly.

Complimentary internet sweetens the pot.

For a hotel of this quality I would expect to pay easily double the price if not more. I was only saddened by the fact I couldn't stay at a hotel from the same group when I came back to Sydney (due to sold out dates). I did not want to leave!

Room Tip: Premier rooms are a little larger and have a Juliet balcony; superior rooms have gigantic windows.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear CanadianRunAmok,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely review of your recent stay with us at Diamant Hotel Brisbane.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree with you that our location is the best of both worlds - close to Brisbane CBD, yet situated on beautiful, quiet tree-lined Astor Terrace.

It is a shame that you were unable to stay with one of our Sydney properties, as you would have found the same dedication to service and friendly team that you noticed here at Diamant Brisbane.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to any of our 8Hotels properties around Australia, Bali, Paris and Fiji.

Warm regards
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The room was small and the location isn't ideal if you want to be surrounded by restaurants and bars on the weekends, but the price was unbeatable for what it was. We got a deal on wotif and parking was easy and close to the hotel, and also good value.

The bed was comfy, the room was clean and the bathroom, including the shower, was surprisingly big. I hate hotel rooms with terrible water pressure in the shower and this place wasn't one of them.

A relatively short walk will get you to Roma St Parkland and a 20-25min walk will get you to Caxton St.

A good find for a quick weekend away in Brisbane and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Gourjess,

Thank you for choosing Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review.

I am delighted that you found the bed so comfortable during your stay. This is due in part to wonderful bed toppers on all our beds, its like sleeping on a cloud! I agree that our bathrooms are fabulous with the rainwater showerheads and Romy amenities.

We are very lucky with our location in Spring Hill, as both Brisbane CBD and Fortitude Valley are within easy distance from the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you next visit Brisbane, Please feel free to contact us directly for our next stay as we always offer the best rates and deals direct.

Warm Regards
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel overnight as I was in Brisbane for a function. The staff at the front counter were exceptional! Helpful, informative, professional and extremely friendly. I was particularly impressed by the service of one staff member who had organised my check in and then was serving someone else as I was checking out the following morning, she took the time to ask whether I'd enjoyed my stay and how my function had gone. Her attentiveness did not go unnoticed.

The bed was one of the most comfortable I've experienced anywhere and the bathroom was clean. As these are the two things I value most when staying anywhere overnight, I was pleased with the room. It wasn't particularly roomy but it was a decent size and included more than enough facilities for a short stay.

I also liked that it had secure parking nearby which was easily accessible and well explained by the staff. Its in a great location and made getting to and from my function particularly easy.

As it turns out, I need accommodation for overnight to attend a wedding a couple of weekends from now, I've just booked in with them again as my first experience was so enjoyable. I'm definitely adding the Diamant Hotel to the top of my list of preferred places to stay when in Brisbane.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear 3arual_laura3,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and have already re-booked for your next visit to Brisbane! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you found the team to be exceptional. We are lucky to have a team who genuinely care and have a passion for guest service.

I agree that our beds are amazing. This is due in part to the wonderful toppers on each of the beds, it's like sleeping on a cloud. Please feel free to contact us directly to assist if you would like to purchase for your home.

Thank you again for taking the time to write such a lovely review. Don't forget that 8Hotels have hotels around Australia, and you can expect the same comfortable surroundings and wonderful service you experienced with us.

Warmest Regards
Brisbane
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have recently had a fantastic weekend stay at the Diamant Hotel and we will certainly use them again. Fantastic service from the friendly reception staff. Excellent value for money and close to city attractions. A good breakfast menu accompanied by great coffee was certainly appreciated on a Sunday morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
DiamantBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Glenn R,

Thank you for such a positive review of Diamant Hotel Brisbane from your recent stay.

I am extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our service team to be friendly and accommodating. Guest service is at the heart of everything we do at Diamant Brisbane, so the team are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. You will find the same dedication to service in all our 8Hotels around Australia, Bali, Paris and Fiji.

Being in such close proximity to the CBD and Fortitude Valley is definitely a positive attribute and I am pleased that you found the location so convenient.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you next visit Brisbane.

Warmest Regards

Leah White
Pelican waters
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We recently stayed at Diamant Hotel in Brisbane. It is very close to the city and other attractions. The room was great with king size bed. Staff were great. There was a problem with the parking ticket on the morning of our departure. The receptionist walked to the parking station with us and sorted out the problem. Very helpful indeed. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear PelicanwatersBeach,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Diamant Brisbane and found the team so helpful.

You are right that our location is very close to Brisbane CBD and all the nightlife at Fortitude Valley. We are very lucky that Central Station is close by and gives our guests easy access to all the activities that Brisbane has to offer.

I was very pleased that you found the team so helpful and friendly. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by the issues with the parking ticket on departure, however I am delighted that one of our team members was able to assist.

We are thrilled to be welcoming you back when you return to Brisbane. As you enjoyed the service here at Diamant Brisbane, we offer the same dedication to service in all our 8Hotels properties around Australia along with Bali, Paris and Fiji!

Warmest regards