“Been trying to get in here for a while - Wasn't disappointed!!”

Mantra Terrace Hotel
Ranked #48 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
ACT
“Been trying to get in here for a while - Wasn't disappointed!!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had heard good things about the 8Hotels brand. I travel frequently with work and Brisbane in particular. Over a number of visits I have tried, but failed, to get a room. I managed to get one this time round in March 2013.
I was very impressed with the hotel on all levels. Great customer service with a smile!
Whilst smaller than other rooms I have used, the quality of the furniture and finish to the rooms was superb.
Cleanliness wasn't in question.
The bed was amongst the most comfortable I have slept on.
I wish I could have stayed longer and have already recommended it to colleagues. Fitness facilities are off site but excellent.

1 Thank CarlJ16
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear CarlJ16,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that we were able to accommodate you for this stay and that we were able to impress you, not only with our guest service, but also with the facilities on offer at Diamant Brisbane. I agree that the beds are wonderful, like sleeping on a cloud.

Please contact me directly should you need any assistance with making future reservations, not only at Diamant Brisbane but at any of our wonderful 8Hotels properties. You will find that commitment to guest service paired with wonderful facilities such as complimentary internet are available in all our lovely properties.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2013

What a Great hotel! We found a cheap deal online for 2 nights and weren't to sure what it would be like considering the price we paid. We were very pleasantly suprised when we arrived. The Hotel is very clean and modern. We stayed in a standard room which was prefect. The room was very clean and comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
We had breakfast both mornings at O Bar. Food and staff were great! The hash brown were amazing!! It's only a short walk to shops and other restaurants, we were happy with its location, also easy to get taxi's from, hotel staff were more then happy to call us a taxi.
Would stay again!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DiamantHotelBrisbane, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Erin,

Thank you for posting a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at Diamant Brisbane.

I am delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay. I have passed your wonderful feedback on to the team who are all thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that they have been able to provide you with friendly and helpful service.

You are right that the hash browns at breakfast in OBar & Restaurant are very tasty. You should definitely try something with the hollandaise sauce next time!

I am delighted that we ticked a lot of boxes for you; location, service and value for money. We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you next visit Brisbane.

Warm Regards
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I'll be looking out for hotels in this chain for future trips - the staff were warm and helpful and room was comfortable and well-appointed. Small touches made the stay a pleasure. Room was small but the bed and linen were high quality. Friendly staff at OBar downstairs made a wonderful morning coffee.

Only downside was a 5-10 minute walk to the city centre but staff are more than happy to organise a taxi for you or offer directions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jonestown,

Thank you for taking time to write a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at Diamant Hotel Brisbane.

We are delighted that we have been able to introduce you to 8Hotels. I am sure that when you stay in our sister properties around Australia and Bali, Paris and Fiji, you will find the service as warm and helpful, and the rooms as comfortable as you found at Diamant Brisbane. Most of the little touches you loved about Diamant Brisbane are in most of our properties.

I agree that the OBar team make a fabulous coffee and have passed your feedback on to the all the team.

Thank you for choosing Diamant Brisbane and posting this review. Please feel free to contact us for future reservations, not only at Diamant Brisbane but in any of our hotels in Australia, Bali, Paris and Fiji.

Warm Regards
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Service exceeded all expectations. I love walking into a hotel and check in not only being quick, but also being charmed and welcomed by the staff that serve you. This was my experience!

I made my way to my room (the hotel smells amazing, reminded me of visiting my beauty salon!) where I found my bed. Wow. What a bed! I slept better than I do at home. Location is great. Staff were just so helpful and friendly. Thanks guys!

Safe to say I've finally found my regular hotel for when I travel to Brisbane. Also keen to look up the other locations... Any excuse to go to Paris will do!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Amanda

I am so pleased to hear that we have managed to not just meet but exceed your expectations on your visit to Diamant Brisbane. I have shared your lovely review with all the staff members and they are very pleased that their dedication to our service culture has been recognised.
Amanda, please free to contact me directly if you need any help with your future reservations not just at Diamant but any of our lovely properties across growing 8 Hotels selection. You will find the same dedication and service culture in all of them paired with lots of other benefits rare to find these days such as complimentary internet, access to Fitness First Centres and most comfortable beds ever.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to 8!

Warmest Regards
Branka Indic
Diamant Hotel Brisbane
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

What a great place! It's part of a chain that I know always look for. The chain is all about small but excellent rooms. They have cut down on space but nothing else - and this hotel in Brisbane is true to their plan.

While the room is on the small side - the bed is wonderful with it's feathertop, choice of pillows and high quality sheets.

THe bathroom products are great and the show pressure is excellent.

Even the tea and coffee provided is great - a selection of T2 and coffee bags! The room we had also has a small balcony.

The only down side to this hotel is the location - Brisbane has some hills so even though the city is a short walk away it does mean that you walk up and down hills. This hotel does not also have many eating options in close proximity. The restuarnt attached to the hotel was wodnerful for breakfast.

The hotel also has other services such as free gym passes and a deal with a private car service (great service and rates)

The staff at the hotel were so friendly and accomidating - anything we asked was answered quickly and correctly. They always smiled - even when you come in at 2am!

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now and I'll continue to come back, and use others in the chain

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are very close to the elevator - if you're a light sleeper mention this at res...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Marika

I am so glad to hear that we have managed to meet and exceed your expectations again! Thank you for loyalty not just to Diamant but the group as well. Much appreciated!!

There is couple of very good short cuts to the City Centre from our Diamant on Astor, please feel free to enquire about this at the reception next time and our friendly boys and girls will have the directions printed for you in no time at all. I believe with this we will be able to address the only down side you have mentioned in your review and make your next stay with us even more enjoyable!

Thank you for your time Marika and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back to our little gem on Astor Terrace!

Warmest Regards
Branka Indic
Diamant Hotel Brisbane
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great location in spring Hill, just a 5 minute way into the cry, Eagle street pier, the rooms are small but the bed is very comfortable and the linen is very nice, high quality sleep. The restaurant has a small outside area and bar attached, worth the stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the 5th floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DiamantHotelBrisbane, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Lee H,

Thank you for choosing Diamant Hotel Brisbane and posting a review on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the beds so comfortable. I completely agree that the beds here at Diamant Hotel Brisbane are amazing! We are becoming quite well known for our wonderful beds and this is due in part to the extra comfortable mattress toppers we have on all the beds.

Thank you again for your lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Brisbane when you next visit.

Surfers Paradise
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Okay so the rooms aren't huge , but the king size bed in the premier suite is large . The breakfast was awesome and attentive staff . No probs checking in earlier too , that's always a bonus , if the rooms ready then may as well get people in to allay reception of a mad rush at 2pm . Late checkout included good idea , no line ups either . The bar is pretty busy on a Saturday evening , perhaps keep it open a bit later then 9pm for those returning from dinner in need of a night cap . Overall good , staff helpful and no hiccups .

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Lismare72,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Diamant Brisbane,

I am delighted that we were able to check you into your room when you arrived early. It always helps to advise us of your arrival time so that our team can do all possible to assist with an early check-in.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you are next in Brisbane.