“Great experience as a disabled guest.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mantra Terrace Hotel

Mantra Terrace Hotel
Ranked #49 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Great experience as a disabled guest.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I visited Brisbane in November with my parents spending 3 nights at the Diamant.

Even before we arrived in Brisbane I was very happy with the sevice we received. As a disabled guest, accessible accommodation is of vital importance to me and the hotel staff were extremely helpful in ensuring that the room provided would both meet my needs and be able to accommodate 3 people.

From the moment we arrived we were impressed with the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room exceeded our expectations; very spacious and well decorated with excellent facilities and a nice view of the city. Despite the room (suite) we were given not actually being 1 of the hotels accessible rooms (due to there being 3 of us) the facilities were perfectly suitable for me.
I found the hotel's WIFI service very useful. The restaurant adjoining the hotel was also a highlight. A small place, with a nice atmosphere, friendly service and great food.
The only reason I haven't given 5 stars for location isn't anything to do with the hotel itself. Spring Hill is quite a hilly place which I found difficult as a wheelchair user. Also there aren't many shops or other restaurants nearby.

Overall we had a great time and would definitely reccommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Lee,

Thank you for staying at Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post such a lovely review!

I am so glad to hear that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us and found our loyal staff to be friendly and helpful.
It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us and we are all certainly looking forward to welcoming you back to Diamant on your next Brisbane visit.

Diamant Hotel Brisbane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

The service at front desk is pleasant and efficient.

On the plus side, the restaurant in this place is very good. The meal was of a high standard.

On the negative side, the rooms are quite small (although well appointed).

Also, I was awoken before 5am by what sounded like a garbage truck tipping up a skip bin in the adjoining lane. After that initial racket, the noise of construction workers on the adjoining property (they seemed to be demolishing something and throwing it in a skip bin) continued. Accordingly, I would suggest that if construction work is still going on in the adjoining property when you stay, try and get a room on the other side of the building if you value your sleep.

Otherwise, a pleasant enough hotel with all the amenities you need.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the construction noise!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DiamantHotelBrisbane, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Colin,

Thank you for choosing Diamant Hotel Brisbane and posting a review on your recent stay.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and found the Reception team to be pleasant and efficient. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience in OBar & Restaurant.

I apologise that you were awoken by outside noise in the early morning. If we are aware of early morning noise we do all possible to lessen the impact on our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you next travel to Brisbane.

Kind regards
Tamara Carter
Front Office Manager
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

The Diamant is a wonderful boutique hotel run by a team of friendly, helpful and enthusiastic staff.

The adjoining 'O' bar does great coffee, breakfast and other meals. A popular watering hole for the after work crowd.

The location is ideal as the downtown area is a short walk down the hill. The main railway station (with connections to the airport) is around the corner.

Only downside is that the rooms are on the pokey side.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Darren

Thank you for staying at Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post such a lovely review.

Very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and found us to be ideally located with only short walk to CBD and Central Train station. We have all very much loved having you here and are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next Brisbane visit.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed in this hotel on a business trip recently. It's a fantastic, tasteful little hotel that is close to the city. It was comfortable, has good amenities and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Too bad I was only there for 1 short night but I would definitely pick this hotel again for future trips, whether for business or personal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Linda

Thank you for staying at Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post a review.
It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us and I am so glad to hear that that you loved our little Hotel.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back on your future trips to Brisbane!

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Diamant in Brisbane for two nights on business in October, I was treated like a rock star at reception, the staff where great. Room was very good, clean and very comfortable, the restaurant had a great menu and fantastic wine range with friendly staff. This hotel I would highly recommend.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bobby

Thank you for staying at Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post a review.
I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed rock star treatment provided by our loyal staff!

All the best and we are looking forward to welcoming you back, hopefully soon!

Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Cute small boutique hotel in Spring Hill 5 minutes walking to Queen Street Mall and 20 mins to South Bank. I have stayed in this hotel previously for 2 nights 2 years ago and thought it was beautiful. This time I stayed 6 nights 3 of which I was attending a conference.
The staff are all very professional warm welcoming who provide excellent service. The Hotel is small quite clean very modern and as one taxi driver described it “Oh you’re staying in the Italian looking Hotel” with a few balcony’s leaning on to Astor Terrace.
The rooms are very small tiny depending on the room you are in. I spent 3 nights in a room with a cute balcony overlooking Astor Terrace adorn with flowering purple Jacaranda trees. Sadly it was so small I had to sit on the bed to work with my computer and there was no storage for your luggage. The room did have a wardrobe, Kettle ect…I noted the bathroom ceiling was mouldy and complained. That was cleaned instantly. The second night my air-conditioned leaked very badly. I informed the reception staff. On my return from my conference that evening they informed me it was fixed. Which it was not. The leak was worse than the previous evening. I moved to another room with a smaller Balcony however it did have a desk for your lap top to work on. The Hotel prides it sell on the bedding. However it is just a nice mattress on a spring bed with nice sheets…Most certainly comfortable and clean. The bonus is the lovely soaps & shampoos. ect. Over all I would stay here again it suited my needs and requirements. There is a beautiful modern 4 star trendy small resultant next door however you must book. They do not serve salads is my only complaint and no fresh juice in the mornings. Internet is free..

Room Tip: Try and book one with a larger Balcony
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Ningaloo,

Thank you for coming back to Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

Your feedback and observations are very much appreciated and I am glad to hear that you were pleased with level of service provided.
I would like to use this opportunity and apologise for the inconvenience experienced with AC unit and am glad to hear that my staff managed to relocate you to the new room that you found comfortable and liked addition of the desk.

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us again after 2 years and we are all looking forward to your next visit to Diamant Brisbane.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

A small hotel on the inner city fringe, with excellent service from friendly staff in the hotel and the small bar/restaurant downstairs. My room, although on the smaller side, was very functional, with pretty high quality fittings and amenities. Car parking is across the street at an additional charge, but is convenient enough, with priority spaces for the hotel guests.

Although I had booked for almost a week's stay, I had to check out after just two nights due to a family emergency. Under the circumstances, the front desk manager waived all penalties and checked me out without any hassles. MUCH appreciated given the circumstances of my visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Graham,

Thank you for staying at Diamant Hotel Brisbane and taking the time to post such a lovely review!
Great to hear that staff and Front Office Management were so understanding of the early departure and able to waive all associated charges. That was the least we could do to help considering circumstances and I am glad to hear that gesture was very much appreciated.

It was and absolute pleasure having you stay with Graham, even with the visit cut short, and hopefully we will have a chance to welcome you back to Diamant in the near future!

Branka Indic and Diamant Team