“Good Value for Brisbane but forget the restaurant.”

Mantra Terrace Hotel
Ranked #54 of 167 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have stayed at the Diamant on many occasions and find it a convenient and good-value hotel for Brisbane. Whilst the rooms are small, as a single business traveller they are sufficient for my needs - clean, comfortable, modern and functional.The reception staff are always friendly and welcoming. My only gripe is the restaurant. It has atmosphere and good food, wine and coffee but the staff seem to be bored and disinterested. The chefs were unhappy and their negative conversations were within ear reach of my table. The service is pleasant but rather slow. I left when my dessert seemed to have been forgotten.

Room Tip: Pay little extra for a larger room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Emeste

Thank you for being loyal guest of Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to provide us with the feedback on Tripadvisor.

Your observations are very much appreciated and will be passed on the staff of Diamant Hotel as well as O Bar and Restaurant and used to further better product and services we offer.

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back on your next Brisbane trip!

There are newer reviews for Mantra Terrace Hotel

Reviewed October 31, 2012

A good value for money hotel. Limited space, but very comfortable and clean. Beds are super comfy. Great for an overnight stay. Nice view from the little balcony on our room on the seventh floor. An easy drive to the Entertainment Centre.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Candice

Thank you for staying at Diamant and taking the time to post a review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the beds to be super comfortable.
Yes, we are very lucky to be so conveniently positioned and so close to all the major attraction yet enjoying the peace and quiet of leafy Astor Terrace at the front.

Again, thank you for your time Candice and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Diamant on your next Brisbane visit!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went to the Diamant in Canberra for our wedding anniversary and to catch up with some friends who live in Brisbane. My husband and I were really looking forward to staying at this hotel as we have stayed at the Canberra one and it was really lovely.

I have to say though that eventhough the staff were very friendly and helpful and there is also a nice bar/ cafe/ restaurant downstairs, the rooms are not up to standard.

What I mean by that is that the rooms are extremely small. I would be OK with a room that size at a cheap hotel, but not at the Diamant. At one point, I thought they had given us the wrong room so I went to reception to express my concerns and they showed me other similar rooms for that price bracket and they were all the same small size.

The only other option would be to pay for a suite but the thing is you shouldn't have to go for the suite (which is the most expensive option) to get a decent size room. They have 3 types of rooms on offer: Standard, Premier and Suite. We went for the middle option, the Premier Room (not the cheapest, not the most expensive) hoping to get at least a couch or an armchair where we could place the suitcase ( 2x small suitcases, the carry on luggage style) but we had to leave them on the floor and trip over them every time we got out of the bed. We even checked the wardrobe and there was a mini fridge taking up most of the space in the cupboard so, where would you put the suitcase away?

The towels were also quite average, on the smaller side of the scale for a bath towel. If you are advertising the hotel as having "a luxurious ensuite" (the website words, not mine) then you should provide big and fluffy bath sheets more than bath towels and possibly a bath tub, but there wasn't one. Otherwise advertise it as a compact bathroom with shower only- which is what it was.

The staff were friendly, professional and helpful and when I told them the issues we had, they sent us a lovely bottle of sparkling wine. We could tell this was not the first time they had to deal with this isue... (kind of felt sorry for them). But, please, if you go and stay there know you will get a very small room for the 1st (Standard Room) and 2nd (Premier Room) options in price. So if room size is important to you, this hotel will not be the best option.

The cafe/ bar/ restaurant downstairs was nice and they have an excellent barista who makes awesome coffee. The breakfast- which was included as part of the package was also very nice. And the bed was comfortable. I am trying to be as fair as possible in this review and find also positive things to say about this hotel (specially because of the nice staff they employ) but deep in my heart I do feel a bit ripped off by the size of the rooms and how they are advertised on the website.

Room Tip: if you are hoping to use the gym be aware they use a Fitness First nearby that is only open during t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Gaby

Thank you for staying at Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to hear that we did not manage to meet your expectations on your recent stay.

Team at Diamant Hotel Brisbane is very proud to be a part of an eclectic collection of Properties, each with a distinctive feel and look that share the same passion for providing unique, friendly and personalised service based on a “can- do “ attitude. The same team will use every opportunity to positively influence every guest’s experience and I am glad to hear from your review that this was very much visible at every interaction you had with our staff members.

Here at Diamant Brisbane, we always aim to present our rooms and Property with every desire to achieve customer satisfaction, we do appreciate however that our style of Hotel and certain room types are not to everyone’s taste and once again I apologise that we did not manage to meet your expectations on your recent stay with us.

Again, thank you for your time and we do hope you will give us a second chance and get to experience our Diamant Suite that is very reasonably priced at only $20.00 more than Premier room.

Branka Indic and Diamant Brisbane Team

Reviewed October 27, 2012

As most of the reviews on here allude to the beds are comfy but the size of the rooms are insufficient. Having stayed here previously I've sometimes downgraded myself on arrival once realising that the suite rooms do not have balconies or opening windows. The food in the restaurant is always up to standard both breakfasts and dinners.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank aussietraveler56
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Aussie Traveler56

It was an absolute pleasure being able to welcome you back to Diamant Brisbane and I am glad to hear that you were impressed with service and found the beds to be very comfortable.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and compliment food quality at the Restaurant. I have passed this on to the Restaurant Staff and Management and they are very thankful for the recognition.

Again, thank you for your time and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Diamant, hopefully soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Friendly staff and good decor, but the room barely accommodated us and our suitcases. No balcony, nowhere to sit except the bed, bars at the window and a noisy street scene. Downhill into the city, not as much fun on the way home.
Good? free gym entry at Fitness First
Bad? small and the bar/restaurant was as pricey as the town centre bars.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Bonedigger Yorkshire,

Thank you for staying at Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post a review.
Your feedback and observations are very much appreciated!

I am sorry to hear that we did not manage to meet your expectations and you were disappointed with room size and would like to thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff and quality service they provided.

Please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly staff next time you have a Brisbane visit planned and they would be more than happy to take you through other room types we have available that you might find to be more to your liking.

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us and we do hope you will give us a chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Very friendly staff who informed me as soon as I arrived that I had been upgraded. Great! Got to my room and I did wonder if they had made a mistake because the room was pretty small but the bed was a king and very comfortable - possibly one of the best hotel beds I have slept on. While it was compact, it still had all the necessities - it may have been a bit confining if there had been 2 people sharing though.
The biggest issue for me was noise from the bar and restaurant that wafted up from the alleyway to the side of the hotel. I ended up turning the A/c on to drown out the noise.
I had a bed and breakfast package and the breakfasts were better than the standard hotel fare.

Room Tip: Make sure your room isn't overlooking the alleyway
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear MBond

Thank you for staying at Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post a review! Your feedback and observations are very much appreciated!

I am glad to hear that although you found our rooms compact, you were pleased with comfort, presentation, cleanliness and service provided.
It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us and we do look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had to attend a conference and this accommodation was booked by the company.
The foyer is cute but small with the reception desk being almost too small for the 2 staff working there. They were so close together when dealing with guests at the same time it made it difficult to hear "your" receptionist......it all just became a jumble of words. We stayed in what was one of the larger rooms, the smaller rooms must be in a cupboard. Once 2 of you were in there, plus your luggage you could not turn around. Tiny desk, tiny cupboard - that was taken up by the ironing board - really really small! Bed was fine - good mattress. The lighting in the bathroom was truly bad, no way you could do make up in there. No where to put "your" stuff - just a sink and a shelf. The shower recess was wide enough, but not tall enough for my 6'2' husband - could not get his head under the shower with out crouching.
Breakfast was ok - fairly expensive for what was served.
The biggest issue is the parking - we were directed over the road to a parking station - $65 for overnight parking - RIP OFF!

Room Tip: Ask to inspect first - rooms are crowded if you are a couple
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Deb

Thank you for staying at Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am sorry to hear that we did not manage to meet your expectations on this stay. While we focus very much on providing quality and personalised customer service and present our property and rooms with every desire to achieve customer satisfaction, we understand that our style of property is not to everyone’s taste.

I would also like to use this opportunity and point out that we don’t have on-site parking but have organised discounted rates with nearby Secure car park at $28.00 per day for all of our guests. The rebate voucher does need to be collected from reception before departure for this rate to be accessed.

Again, thank you for your time Deb and all the best for your future travels.