“Nice design, competent staff, weak wifi”

Mantra Terrace Hotel
Ranked #54 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Good location, nice modern design.. Great bar in the hotel was useful for meeting people.. Rooms are small but this is well known in advance.. I prefer a chic design room to extra space so it's fine with me.. Unfortunately my first room was facing the front of the building and with construction next door, I was woken before 6am. I also had to sit on the floor by the door to use the wifi. While it was free (that is included in the room rate) it didn't work through out the building. With these 2 issues I asked to change room. There were no standard rooms available to switch into.... So bizarrely the staff insisted that I pay additionally to upgrade... My room was not as described - due to the bad wifi... Why was I charged extra for an upgrade I did not want? I just wanted wifi to work through out my room!! Otherwise staff were nice and friendly..

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear John Costelloe

Thank you for staying at Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post a review.

I am pleased to hear that you have liked the look and feel of the property and found the staff to be very competent. I am a bit concerned to hear that you are under the impression you were charged for an upgrade when the records are showing otherwise. Your folio and processed charges signed by you at the time of departure do not have upgrade charge on it as this was extended complimentary. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly and I will send you copy of departing invoice to confirm this if you have misplaced the original.

Thank you for bringing WiFi issue to my attention, I can assure you this is being addressed as we speak and improvements are already noticeable.

Again, thank you for your time Mr Costelloe and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Diamant on your next trip to Brisbane!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I'm a US size 0 and these rooms were too small for me, and that was the middle size room, goodness knows how big the smallest rooms are. No where to sit and eat, work or relax except on the bed. That said, décor was clean, chic and pleasant and I liked the bathroom, which was almost as big as the bedroom but the lighting needed a boost as difficult to see to put make-up on. A little reminder that room service is via the TV would be nice for those who forget such things.
Convenient to Central Station but a bit of a walk to the shops.

Room Tip: The smallest rooms are at the front of the hotel, right by the lifts and overlooking a busy street...

Dear Traveller

Thank you for staying at Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post a review.

It is disappointing to read that while you had a comfortable stay with us you were not pleased with size of the standard rooms at the front of property. We have selection of room types available ranging in size and futures and I only fish you have made us aware of this at the time as we would have been more than happy to organise a room move for you on the day providing one was available.

Again, thank you for your time and we do hope you will give us a chance to welcome you back to Diamant Brisbane.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Its a small hotel that is a little pretentious, with a high price tag and very little to offer. But its modern and clean and pretty new. But if you want space, don’t stay here, as the room was a little small for my liking, although the bathroom was a good size, but the lighting was poor, and you can’t have poor lighting in ANY bathroom.

Overall, it’s a good hotel, but with very little around it, its hard to find a place to eat.

Dear Stefan

Thank you for staying at Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to post a review.

Your feedback and observations are very much appreciated. I am pleased that overall you found the hotel clean and team friendly and would like to use this opportunity to let you know that we have few room types available at the property ranging in size. May I suggest you try one of our Diamant Suites on your next visit as I think this room type might be more to your liking. All of our rates are competitively priced and regularly reviewed to ensure the best value for our guests.

Again, thank you for your time Stefan and we do hope you will give us a chance to welcome you back to Diamant Brisbane soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Spent five nights here..on the plus side location, staff helpful and nice and great bed. On the downside - rooms tiny and just no storage - I was on my own but if two of us would have been a real problem. Same in the bathroom. And they wanted to charge for wifi though when I complained it was offered gratis. And $7.50 for a 500ml bottle of water??!
I stay in Brisbane regularly but usual hotel was full...sorry but I won't be heading back here.

2  Thank Robscanb
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Rob

Thank you for staying at Diamant Hotel Brisbane and taking the time to post a review!

In our efforts to ensure our hotel continues to grow, we are grateful for your feedback.
We appreciate you highlighting to us the areas of disappointment as well as positives.
I would also like to use this opportunity and confirm that since August 20th we offer complimentary internet to all of our guests.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and all the best with your future travels.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I only stayed 1 night on a quick business trip, and really didnt see too much of the hotel aprt from reception and my room, but I also got the sense there isnt too much more too see (apart from the bar, which some of my local colleagues frequent).
The room was small, which was ok for me, but if you wanted to hang out in your room might be a little cramped. It had a pretty aggressive air conditioner, which is one of my pet hates, but I could open the balcony dooor to let in some air and switch off the a/c. I like to be able to popen windows. Of course that let in a bit of noise, but not too much as it is pretty quiet part of town.
The room was clean and had everynting you needed, but no sense of "luxury". The wifi was free but a little cumbersome to use, and you need a seperate log in for each device, so remember to pick up the codes at reception.
i thought the rate i paid was a little pricey for a fairly basic room

1  Thank David S
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Dear David

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at Diamant Hotel Brisbane. We appreciate the feedback so that we can continue to improve our facilities and services.

I am glad to hear that although you found our rooms compact, you were pleased with presentation, cleanliness and fit out of the same.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us directly when you have your next Brisbane trip planned as we do offer the best deals direct.

Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I travelled from perth so i know about overpriced hotels, and this one is not that bad as other reviews suggest. Its a Nice hotel with small rooms but good location and friendly staff. Comfy beds and handy bar downstairs. Good for a night when a special rate is offered.

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear Kiwiamac

Thank you for staying at Diamant Hotel Brisbane and taking the time to post a review.

I am pleased to hear we have managed to meet your expectations and yes, we are certainly well located with a maximum 10 minute walk to anywhere around CBD and great connection to domestic and international airports. We are also very proud to be offering affordable Brisbane accommodation paired with quality service that is very hard to come by these days.

Again, thank you for your time and please don’t hesitate to contact us directly when you have your next Brisbane trip planned as we do offer the best deals direct.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I read the reviews on this hotel before booking. We got a special deal with www.wotif.com which included free parking, King Bed, and a breakfast pack for around $140. I would only stay again with that deal. We had a night planned in the city so this was somewhere to sleep. The bed was very comfortable. The room was small but had a desk and chair and a small balcony.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Traveller

Glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our great weekend deal we often have out not just on wotif but our website as well and were happy with inclusions and service provided.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back on your next night out on the town!