Mantra Terrace Hotel
  • Room Service
$65
$62
  • Restaurant
Mantra South Bank, Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$147
$119
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$93
Travelocity
$83
Travelocity
1,006 results
All reviewsrooms are smallquiet streetclose to central stationbar downstairsspring hillreception staffbusiness tripbed was very comfortableshort stayshower headfree wifishort walkbrisbane cityan overnight stayone night staycar parkhotel room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The bathroom was large. Shower was good. No bath, but that was fine.

The bed was very comfortable. Pillows were so soft. I could have slept for days!

The in-room snacks were expensive and if I was to go again, I'd try to be more prepared and bring my own snacks.

There was no view to speak of. We could see a wall.

We stayed for one night and spent very, very little time in the room. I don't think we got value from the room, but I can't complain about the comfort level I experienced while I was in the room.

On check in, there was confusion about us having two keys. I don't understand why that was a concern, but it was soon overcome. We got two keys.

On checking out, there was some confusion from the desk staff. I felt accused of trying to get a deposit returned twice and then accused of not leaving one at all, despite having a receipt. We had done the right thing. While the staff member called other staff and did end up finding my deposit, giving me my money back and apologising, I'd already been delayed too long. I believe it was around half an hour of waiting, while others were served and a search for my deposit took place. By the time I had my money back, I'd missed one train and, if I'd not run to the station, would have missed a second one. Luckily my flight had been delayed by ten minutes or I would have missed that as well. I don't customers should be made to feel like they are wrong for asking for what is theirs. The desk staff were the low point of our stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank IngaProblem
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Dear Cinnie23
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at Diamant Hotel Brisbane on Tripadvisor.
While it is good to hear that you were pleased with the level of comfort our rooms offer I am disappointed that customer service provided at the front desk was way below our usual standards.
I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further if you would like to contact me directly.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

As mentioned in all reviews, the room is tiny .. very tiny.
You cannot work properly with your laptop (the pull out desk is simply not practical, especially when a chair is not provided and there is no room for it even if it was). The closet is not suitable for putting your clothes inside so the only place to put your luggage is on the very short corridor from the door to the bed. Parking is expensive, internet is expensive and the room was facing the car park and noisy at night.
I spend many times in Brisbane in many hotels and would not recommend this hotel for the price my company paid for the room, parking, internet and breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Mat255100

Dear Mat

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay at Diamant Hotel Brisbane.

We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to review our product and service we provide to our guests.
We have a selection of rooms available at the Property and would I be able to suggest you try one of our Diamant Suites on your next trip to Brisbane should you wish to give us another chance.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything else I can help you with.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We recently spent a one night stop over her on our way through to somewhere else and found the hotel charming, yet very basic. Rooms were very small, although staff were welcoming and friendly. If you don't know Brisbane very well, probably not the best place to stay as it is not a prime city location. NIce big shower, everything was clean, beds were very comfortable. We received a very good deal for the night as an early bird special on Wotif, but probably would not recommend paying full price for this hotel. All in all, can't complain.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Dear Courtneyccc,
Thank you for choosing Diamant Hotel Brisbane and taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.
We greatly appreciate all feedback as this will assist us to improve our facilities and services. I am particularly pleased you found the Diamant Hotel team to be welcoming and friendly.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel Brisbane for our next short break.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I read so many average reviews of the Diamant Hotel that I had very low expectations. Maybe because of his I was really plesantly surprised by the Diamant. The newly renovated hotel was clean, staff were helpful and the restaurant downstairs made the location bearable.

The rooms are indeed small, but the beds are huge and comfy, the TV is big, with plenty of pay TV channels and is mounted on the wall so doesn't take up any of the precious floor space. The bathrooms are starting to show their ware a bit (my soap tray was broken), but the rain style shower was great and the provided shampoo, conditioner, soaps and showercap were decent quality. The air conditioner was really loud, but lucky for me the weather was mild so I didn't really need it on anyway.

Being on business, I had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant (O Bar). Staff are friendly, food is good and it's always busy with other hotel guests and local office workers. Give it a try if you're staying at the Diamant - they'll bill to your room too... which could be dangerous if you're making good use of their bar!

Room Tip: For an extra charge lone female travellers can stay on the "ladies only" floor and receive an extra pamper pack in their room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear b888,
Thank you for taking the time to review Diamant Hotel Brisbane on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate your comments as this assists us to improve the facilities and services we offer.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at Diamant Hotel Brisbane, and look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Brisbane.
Kind regards

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Rooms are so small it is a bit like being on a boat. Bathroom basin space non existent. Study desk is pull out and have to sit on a stool

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert W

Dear Robert W,

Thank you for choosing Diamant Hotel Brisbane for your recent April stay.

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor.

Kind regards